AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alec Halsey Georgian Historical Mysteries-Has anyone read?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PamelaM

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Alec Halsey Georgian Historical Mysteries-Has anyone read? Reply with quote

Has anyone read author Lucinda Brantís Alec Halsey Georgian Historical Mysteries? One of the books, Deadly Affair is currently a freebie on Amazon, so I will probably add it to my vacation TBR. I have been burned on freebies (who hasnít) but my delete function on Kindle works well. Wink Brant looks like a newer indie author on Amazon, but maybe not? The descriptions of the two books so far in this series sound similar to the Sebastian St. Cyr series, but in the Georgian period. Yes, that could definitely work for me but would appreciate anyoneís thoughts on these books.

Thanks!
Jane A

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read another freebie of hers (and it's still free), The Salt Bride, which is a Georgian historical. Though it was a bit predictable I found it entertaining. Unfortunately, the free Alec Halsey book is the second in the series, but I think it would be worth spending $4.99 for the first book to check out the series. In fact, I may just do that!
PamelaM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jane A"]I read another freebie of hers (and it's still free), The Salt Bride, which is a Georgian historical. Though it was a bit predictable I found it entertaining. Unfortunately, the free Alec Halsey book is the second in the series, but I think it would be worth spending $4.99 for the first book to check out the series. In fact, I may just do that![/quote

I have seen The Salt Bride listed on Amazon but did not make the connection. If I like the Alec Halsey book(s), I will take a look at it. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: