AAR
Click here for full forums index
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 
Fifty Shades #4...Discussion Continues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[Wow...those are awesome!
Yes..she did go to the party, but failed to take pictures! They ended up discussing it and drinking some kine of gray martini. I think she had some kind of sandwiches too. This woman is very crafty too, so I was disappointed!! What? Not handcuffs, riding crops or even a freaking tie??? LOL! I think they had fun though, and more and more of her friends are reading the book.
Anyway..those desserts are lovely! Thanks for posting.


Well sounds like she had the best, food, drinks and friends! Hope she had a great time. I wish I could make that layer cake show in the pics, that looks so good!

Side note, I am currently reading Thoughtless which was recommended earlier in this thread and on another forum, so far I am intrigued. It's a really long book though, 1248 pages on my Nook. I've got a ways to go.

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:



Well sounds like she had the best, food, drinks and friends! Hope she had a great time. I wish I could make that layer cake show in the pics, that looks so good!

Side note, I am currently reading Thoughtless which was recommended earlier in this thread and on another forum, so far I am intrigued. It's a really long book though, 1248 pages on my Nook. I've got a ways to go.

Linda



Who is the author Linda?
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xina, it is Thoughtless by S. C. Stephens, there is another one titled Effortless. I'm 500 pages in and starting to get impatient with the heroine waffling over two men, she's leading them both on. I'm sticking with it to see what happens, I know which one I'm rooting for.

In case you don't want to be spoiled don't read further - She's slept with both of them, cheating on one. She is being thoughtless so I guess the title is appropriate.

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Xina, it is Thoughtless by S. C. Stephens, there is another one titled Effortless. I'm 500 pages in and starting to get impatient with the heroine waffling over two men, she's leading them both on. I'm sticking with it to see what happens, I know which one I'm rooting for.

In case you don't want to be spoiled don't read further - She's slept with both of them, cheating on one. She is being thoughtless so I guess the title is appropriate.

Linda



Oh, thanks Linda. Sounds like Sookie?? Smile In a way.
I'll look into it. Triangles don't bother me. Even with the spoiler.
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[Oh, thanks Linda. Sounds like Sookie?? Smile In a way.
I'll look into it. Triangles don't bother me. Even with the spoiler.


It's lendable so I can send it to you via the Nook if you like! I finished it last night, the heroine is pretty hurtful to the guys. She's sweet, she's not intentionally cruel but she hides things, sneaks around and leads them both on. I thought both guys deserved better, if a hero did this he'd be drawn and quartered by the romance community! You'll see what I mean if you read it. It's not a bad book and it's not a Fifty knock-off by any means, better than Bared to You for sure.

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erika



Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 507

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
xina wrote:
[Oh, thanks Linda. Sounds like Sookie?? Smile In a way.
I'll look into it. Triangles don't bother me. Even with the spoiler.


It's lendable so I can send it to you via the Nook if you like! I finished it last night, the heroine is pretty hurtful to the guys. She's sweet, she's not intentionally cruel but she hides things, sneaks around and leads them both on. I thought both guys deserved better, if a hero did this he'd be drawn and quartered by the romance community! You'll see what I mean if you read it. It's not a bad book and it's not a Fifty knock-off by any means, better than Bared to You for sure.

Linda


I heard lots about Thoughtless and stayed far away from it. Interesting I was reading people rec Thoughtless if one liked FS????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erika wrote:
[I heard lots about Thoughtless and stayed far away from it. Interesting I was reading people rec Thoughtless if one liked FS????


Erkia, other than a good looking hero I can't think of anything else it would have in common with FSoG. Well, one of the guys has had a rough childhood and is kinda tortured about it, but that's as far as it goes. Otherwise it couldn't be more different, IMHO. Perhaps they recommend it because it doesn't take a traditional path. I didn't find the sex sexy because she's lying to one and cheating with the other, instead it felt all kinds of wrong. Usually in romance when we have a love triangle both guys know they are competing for the girl, in Thoughtless the boyfriend has no idea and completely trusts her that she's faithful. I'm trying to decide whether to go on to the next, from what I can tell she's with the one she ends the story with and they have lots of trust issues to work on. No kidding! How do you trust someone you know has cheated before? Heck, I guess I have to see how it all plays out, haha.

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
xina wrote:
[Oh, thanks Linda. Sounds like Sookie?? Smile In a way.
I'll look into it. Triangles don't bother me. Even with the spoiler.


It's lendable so I can send it to you via the Nook if you like! I finished it last night, the heroine is pretty hurtful to the guys. She's sweet, she's not intentionally cruel but she hides things, sneaks around and leads them both on. I thought both guys deserved better, if a hero did this he'd be drawn and quartered by the romance community! You'll see what I mean if you read it. It's not a bad book and it's not a Fifty knock-off by any means, better than Bared to You for sure.

Linda



That would be great Linda! I can't remember how we did the lending for Bared To You. I don't have the Nook, but it went into my e-books. How about next week some time? I will pm you. Smile
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[That would be great Linda! I can't remember how we did the lending for Bared To You. I don't have the Nook, but it went into my e-books. How about next week some time? I will pm you. Smile


I think you used the Nook app, anytime you're ready just let me know. Smile

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erika



Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 507

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
erika wrote:
[I heard lots about Thoughtless and stayed far away from it. Interesting I was reading people rec Thoughtless if one liked FS????


Erkia, other than a good looking hero I can't think of anything else it would have in common with FSoG. Well, one of the guys has had a rough childhood and is kinda tortured about it, but that's as far as it goes. Otherwise it couldn't be more different, IMHO. Perhaps they recommend it because it doesn't take a traditional path. I didn't find the sex sexy because she's lying to one and cheating with the other, instead it felt all kinds of wrong. Usually in romance when we have a love triangle both guys know they are competing for the girl, in Thoughtless the boyfriend has no idea and completely trusts her that she's faithful. I'm trying to decide whether to go on to the next, from what I can tell she's with the one she ends the story with and they have lots of trust issues to work on. No kidding! How do you trust someone you know has cheated before? Heck, I guess I have to see how it all plays out, haha.

Linda


I need to really like romance heroines, this one would have me screaming in annoyance. You have a higher level of tolerance than I.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erika wrote:
[I need to really like romance heroines, this one would have me screaming in annoyance. You have a higher level of tolerance than I.


Words I never thought I'd hear spoken with me in regards to heroines! LOL With regards to this book, I think it was that the story pulled me in just before I realized how 'thoughtless' the heroine was going to get. By then it was too late, I had to know what happened.

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Linda in sw va"]
xina wrote:
[That would be great Linda! I can't remember how we did the lending for Bared To You. I don't have the Nook, but it went into my e-books. How about next week some time? I will pm you. Smile


I think you used the Nook app, anytime you're ready just let me know. Smile

Linda[/quote

I can't remember what we did, but it ended up in my ibooks. BTW...I still have it. Smile Don't you want that copycat book back? LOL!
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[I can't remember what we did, but it ended up in my ibooks. BTW...I still have it. Smile Don't you want that copycat book back? LOL!


No! I already archived it in my Nook library so I don't have to look at it in the library section, lol. But I'm not deleting it becuase I'm perfectly happy to lend it out to anyone that's interested.

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've been emotionally traumatized by listening to Florence Henderson read an excerpt of Fifty! Surprised

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
I think I've been emotionally traumatized by listening to Florence Henderson read an excerpt of Fifty! Surprised

Linda



Mrs. Brady?? I have to see this! Smile
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group