AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Review of Be My Prince by McLean

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan/DC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Review of Be My Prince by McLean Reply with quote

Maybe I'm just slow today, but it's not clear to me from the review who is the hero of the new Julianne McLean book. Is it Nicholas or his brother? From the review, I don't know if:

o Nicholas really is a blackguard who has misled the heroine. Alex now mistrusts men but marries the prince anyway and he's the one who has to earn her trust.
o The stepmother was wrong or lying and Nicholas is the one who has to get Alex to trust him again. This is often the case where the hero is a spy or some such and is just doing it for England (or, in this case, Petersbourg) or where the stepmother is the evil former lover of the hero who lies just to make life miserable for everyone.

Not that the review has to give away all the details, but I am confused about which man Alex winds up with.
lizlt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer to that is a pretty big spoiler, so here goes: The prince is pretending to be the womanizing Nicholas in the beginning of the story. Alex falls in love with the real Prince Randolph, but she thinks he is Nicholas. Her stepmother hears rumors about the real Nicholas and tells Alex, but the person Alex loves didn't actually do any of the naughty things. I personally didn't finish the book; I just didn't care about any of the characters or the complicated story.
Susan/DC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I read the spoilers, and based on those facts I think I understand why it would be hard to write a review of this book without revealing too much. I'll probably not read it anyway because for some reason I don't generally care for books about princes/princesses. Not sure why, but my ability to suspend disbelief seems to top out at the level of duke -- beyond that my imagination just won't go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: