AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Male dancers/strippers...book recs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Male dancers/strippers...book recs Reply with quote

A few months ago I read and loved, Absolute Trouble by Michelle Jerott which features a hero who is a stripper, and the heroine, an ex-police officer. The book is just wonderful. Well, it just happened that the previews for Magic Mike were coming out in theatres, so I had Channing Tatum's moves in my head while reading this book.(At one point the hero gives the heroine a private dance) So apart from Absolute Trouble, do you have any recs with male dancers? I believe this is the only book I've read featuring a hero with that profession. Thanks!
jaime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know an old one - Lightning That Lingers by Sharon and Tom Curtis aka Laura London. It's a lovely romance.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read both of these years ago and loved them!

There's a M/M one that someone rec'd here, I'm trying to remember the title. One of the guys is a cop. Otherwise I'm drawing a blank on any others.

Xina, have you read Fallen From Grace yet? It's so good!

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaime wrote:
I know an old one - Lightning That Lingers by Sharon and Tom Curtis aka Laura London. It's a lovely romance.

Thanks jaime...I've got a copy of this book safely stashed away. I'll have to get it out and read it
xina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
I read both of these years ago and loved them!

There's a M/M one that someone rec'd here, I'm trying to remember the title. One of the guys is a cop. Otherwise I'm drawing a blank on any others.

Xina, have you read Fallen From Grace yet? It's so good!

Linda

I don't read much m/m, but it might be interesting.
No...haven't read Fallen yet. I bought it in hardcover long ago and just saved it for...whatever. Now I have it digitally too. I have to get to it soon. Also..the digital cover is sooo much better than the hardcover. The hardcover looks like a very sad Brad Pitt...in not a good way. Smile
jaime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
jaime wrote:

Thanks jaime...I've got a copy of this book safely stashed away. I'll have to get it out and read it

You are very welcome, xina.

It's somewhat old-fashioned of course being from the eighties but I love it and its hero who is such a good man, a real sweetheart.

And I second the appreciation and love for Fallen From Grace.
lorif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't read much m/m, but it might be interesting.
No...haven't read Fallen yet. I bought it in hardcover long ago and just saved it for...whatever. Now I have it digitally too. I have to get to it soon. Also..the digital cover is sooo much better than the hardcover. The hardcover looks like a very sad Brad Pitt...in not a good way. Smile

I think this was the thread with the m/m rec that was mentioned (not too many male dancer topics I guess):
http://www.likesbooks.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=10267
xina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank-you lori...I remember that thread! I'll check those out. Like I said I don't read much m/m, but I'm open to it.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xina, maybe if Magic Mike is super successful it will spark a new movement for stripper heroes in the romance genre. Laughing I personally will do my part to help this along by going to see the movie, anyone with me?

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Xina, maybe if Magic Mike is super successful it will spark a new movement for stripper heroes in the romance genre. Laughing I personally will do my part to help this along by going to see the movie, anyone with me?

Linda

Oh, me, me! I'll go with you. Never been to a strip club, but if the guys looked like Joe Manganiello (Oh, Alcide!) and Channing Tatum, I might reconsider. Smile Actually, that book..Absolute Trouble got me thinking about how appealing a dancing (Hee) hero might be. The hero in that book is very yummy. IMO.
Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cullen is a major character in the world of the Lupi series who is also a werewolf & sorcerer. He is a secondary character in several books and a primary character in a couple.
wilks, eileen
lupi series (urban fantasy)
(** see charmed anthology)
(**.5 see lover beware anthology)
tempting danger**.5 (e)
(** see cravings anthology)
mortal danger**.5 (e)
blood lines**.5 (e)
(* see on the prowl anthology)
night season*** (e)
cyncerely yours*** (e)
mortal sins** (e)
(**.5 see inked anthology)
blood magic**.5 (e)
blood challenge** (e)
death magic**.5 (e)
(**.5 see tied with a bow anthology)
xina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark! Sounds very interesting. I will be looking into this series.
Danielle B

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for bringing this topic up Xina! Magic Mike has got me way into the male strippers thing and I went and bought Absolute Trouble right away.

For anyone interested it's $2.99 on amazon and has been re-issued under the name Michelle Albert instead of Michele Jerott.
xina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle B wrote:
Thanks for bringing this topic up Xina! Magic Mike has got me way into the male strippers thing and I went and bought Absolute Trouble right away.

For anyone interested it's $2.99 on amazon and has been re-issued under the name Michelle Albert instead of Michele Jerott.

I love that book Danielle. Thanks for pointing out Albert instead of Jerott. So, when I read the book, those Magic Mike commercials had just started coming out. I couldn't help seeing the hero doing those same dance moves. LOL>>>call me shallow. Smile Anyway...enjoy the book. So good!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: