AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dark Knight - Elizabeth Elliott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maryskl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: The Dark Knight - Elizabeth Elliott Reply with quote

Is anyone else looking forward to this one? I loved the Warlord and Betrothed by Elliott and was excited to hear she has written another book. Have already pre-ordered from Amazon.
LeeB.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the queue for it at the library.
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am!!! It's been a very loo-oong time since I've read The Warlord and Betrothed. But I'm a happy camper between Elizabeth Elliott writing again and Danelle Harmon - two authors I loved back in the day.

Whoa!! It's coming out this month - better still and I'm an even happier camper now. Does anyone know if her previous books are out as ebooks?
Natalie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for it for sometime. Even read the previous book to get up to speed on Dante and his family.
Lea AAR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natalie wrote:
I've been waiting for it for sometime. Even read the previous book to get up to speed on Dante and his family.

What is the title of the previous book?

Audiobooks Bookshelf at Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4403718
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lea AAR wrote:
Natalie wrote:

As previous posters noted, the other books are

1) Warlord - Dante's brother Robert tries to kill the hero, Kenrick (?).

2) Betrothed - Dante's sister is heroine & Kenrick's half-brother Guy is hero; Dante was a secondary character in this one.

There is another book, Scroundrel, which is Regency-set; its hero is a descendent of Kenrick and Tess from Warlord.

I pre-ordered my Kindle copy as soon as it was available. It downloaded this morning. I plan to start reading the book once I have a long enough block of free time.

Kay
Lea AAR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KayWebbHarrison wrote:
Lea AAR wrote:
Natalie wrote:

As previous posters noted, the other books are

1) Warlord - Dante's brother Robert tries to kill the hero, Kenrick (?).

2) Betrothed - Dante's sister is heroine & Kenrick's half-brother Guy is hero; Dante was a secondary character in this one.

There is another book, Scroundrel, which is Regency-set; its hero is a descendent of Kenrick and Tess from Warlord.

I pre-ordered my Kindle copy as soon as it was available. It downloaded this morning. I plan to start reading the book once I have a long enough block of free time.

Kay

Thanks. I read them all years ago and only want to reread the one immediately preceding the new title.

Audiobooks Bookshelf at Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4403718
Jenny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already ordered it! I am really looking forward to reading it.

I have also decided not to read any reviews in order to avoid being influenced by them.

I just hope there aren't any nasty surprises like cheating.
LFL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish the prequels were available electronically. I've never read this author and would really like to try her but I like to start in the beginning of series.
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFL wrote:
I wish the prequels were available electronically. I've never read this author and would really like to try her but I like to start in the beginning of series.

I haven't started the latest book yet, but the second one was a stand alone; and this one probably is as well. Characters from Warlord had secondary roles in Betrothed, but reading Warlord wasn't necessary to engage in the story. I'm sure that Elliott has included just the right amount of back story for those new to her work.

Kay
Kayne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KayWebbHarrison wrote:
There is another book, Scroundrel, which is Regency-set; its hero is a descendent of Kenrick and Tess from Warlord. Kay

I did not realize that the hero in Scoundrel was a descendent of Kenrick. I must have missed that. Was that in the story somewhere?

I also have to share that The Dark Knight is wonderful. It is difficult to tear myself away from it and its really hard to believe its been 15 years since her last book.
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:
KayWebbHarrison wrote:
There is another book, Scroundrel, which is Regency-set; its hero is a descendent of Kenrick and Tess from Warlord. Kay

I did not realize that the hero in Scoundrel was a descendent of Kenrick. I must have missed that. Was that in the story somewhere?

I also have to share that The Dark Knight is wonderful. It is difficult to tear myself away from it and its really hard to believe its been 15 years since her last book.

Well, wasn't Scoundrel's hero the Duke of Remmington, which was the title Kenrick earned at the end of Warlord?

Kay
dick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a short book, by any means. For the first three or four chapters, I was disappointed, but when it picked up it got much better. In retrospect, perhaps it was the tone of the first several chapters--more like a geste than a novel--that I disliked. I'll be particularly interested to hear what others think of Mordecai and the Tarot cards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: