AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am looking for the name of a romance novel desperately

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crystal271

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: I am looking for the name of a romance novel desperately Reply with quote

Hi Ladies!

First ,sorry for my bad english ,I'm french,but as you I am a huge reader of romance book ,and if there's something that I don't like it's when I forget the name of one that I red,it's so frustating because sometimes,I want to read it again,but there's no way I can remember,(yeah my memory sucks).So last year,I moved out,and I gave some of my books to an association,and recently I wanted to read again the books in question.
So there are 2 books from 2 differents stories,the first one I can't remember which collection maybe it's a silhouette,but it was not so recent,but I can remember some details,I remember that the story is about a guy who is a poker addict,the girl has a shy girl look,she's quite old-fashioned,but she will change her look(a kind of makeover),that's all I can remember I know,maybe it's not enough.
The second book I really can't remember the collection first I was thinking of the silhouette collection too but,now I'm not sure ,but at least for this one I have more informations, the story was about first two guys one his an old man(in his 50's),and the other is his partner but he considers the old man like his father,the old man runs an oil company or a drilling platform,the old man's daughter want her to come to work with him because he didn't really see her grow,so she came after her graduation to work with her father as a geologist( I think) ,but her father's partner is not happy with this idea,he's not really welcoming with her and a bit agressive but he is under the charm of his daughter's partner.
He doesn't like his daughter partner ,because he thought she was a spoiled child, and that she is just like his partner's ex-wife,because the ex-wife ,left her husband because they were from 2 different social classes,and too different.At one point, the girl tell to the partner that one day when she went to a class trip she fell of a horse,and she has a scar on her back,and at one point his dad fake a heart attack and make her partner and her daughter promise to marry,so they married,and at the end of course they are together ,and they discover that the dad faked his heart attack,and is ex-wife come back and they get back together too.The story takes place in united-states,but I can't tell you for the state;
While I'm writting I'm remembering some other details about the story,I remember that the father's partner lost his parents when he was a teenager,his parents love each other a lot,and when his mother died his father died too a short time after from sadness,the heroine has auburn hair,she is in her twenties between 22 to 25 she is a virgin,she is always wearing around her neck,a medal of holly mary or a gold cross (I think).
The partner has blond hair.
One day,the daughter decided to cook,a soup,and it please the taste of the partner because he made him remember of his mother's cuisine.
At one point there's a problem on the site,an employee is wounded,and the partner saved her from an accident on the site. Thanks for your help ladies sorry for the long message. Smile
Salaisuus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That second one sounds vaguely familiar to me but not enough to ring a bell for a title or author.

Do you remember when you first read these books, i.e., what year? Or span of years? Any character names? That kind of detail can be helpful.
crystal271

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer, I think the book was published between 2003 and 2007, for the names,unfortunately , I can't remember.But I don't know why I was focusing first on the name Devlin.
daisymau

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second book sounds like The Surprise of His Life by Karen Keast, but I don't think that's the book. The only things that are the same is the oil platform and the going to work for her father and the hero who's the father's best friend.
library addict

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the second book is part of a multi-author continuation series by Harlequin or Silhouette. However, it's not a series I kept and I'm drawing a blank as to which one it was. None of the stuff I've looked at matches.
crystal271

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first thanks to all who answered me,fortunately thanks to you "library addict" I had an idea last night I just googled, "silhouette books multi author series + oil" and I found the book in question after weeks I'm so happy and you were right the name of the book is "the cowboy takes a bride " by cathleen galitz. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: