AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best deflowering scenes in romance novels???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monika

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Best deflowering scenes in romance novels??? Reply with quote

I dont know...all of a sudden whatever I reads features a virgin heroine....and in my humble opinion....The serpent prince and Devil in winter were swoonworthy...i loved them...
So any forthcoming suggestions about tender,hot deflowering scenes,where the hero does everything he can do to make the heroine's first time comfortable???

Ps:The novels should not feature cheating....
Lynda X

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two stand out for me: Loretta Chase's LORD OF SCOUNDRELS in which our rake of a hero, who limits himself to prostitutes for unencumbered reasons, has never deflowered a woman and he is paralyzed by fear that he'll damage the heroine. Very romantic.

The other is Sharon and Tom Curtis's WINDFLOWER. This scene is not really shown, but it's the only often realistic scene I've read where the heroine is not enamored with sex after her first experience. I loved the hero and heroine of this book (he's a great combination of tenderness and suspicion and she's innocent and kind of reckless--it is far better than it sounds). It's been decades since I've read it, and it may not hold up. Anyone read it more recently that could comment?
CharlotteJ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like contemporary novels and it's hard to find those kinds of scenes---but I really enjoyed Linda Howard's Mackenzie book, can't remember which one, but it was with Caroline and Joe. Hotel room. Very hot.

And I also like some of Nora Roberts' scenes in her Ian MacGregor and Shane McKade books, although they weren't as hot as Linda's Smile

It would be interesting to read more realistic scenes--because it's not always sunshine and lollipops the first time and not too many authors write those more realistic scenes and the angst that follows.
Jean Wan AAR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CharlotteJ wrote:

And I also like some of Nora Roberts' scenes in her Ian MacGregor and Shane McKade books, although they weren't as hot as Linda's Smile

Nora Roberts has written virgins? Wow. The only one I knew of (not that I'm an expert) was in *mildspoilerifyoucare* Sweet Revenge.
lor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CharlotteJ wrote:
I like contemporary novels and it's hard to find those kinds of scenes---but I really enjoyed Linda Howard's Mackenzie book, can't remember which one, but it was with Caroline and Joe. Hotel room. Very hot.

That's Mackenzie's Mission and it's the exact one I thought of when I first read this post.

Lor
Lucia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leda and Samuel, The Shadow and the Star

Poignant as both were innocent.
willaful

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucia wrote:

An incredible scene, probably my favorite in romance, but really doesn't fit the requirements of tender hero trying to make it go well.

Lisa Kleypas often writes that sort of deflowering -- specifically, Secrets of a Summer Night comes to mind.
CharlotteJ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean Wan AAR wrote:
CharlotteJ wrote:

Nora Roberts has written virgins? Wow. The only one I knew of (not that I'm an expert) was in *mildspoilerifyoucare* Sweet Revenge.

I forgot about that one! Smile

Nora's written a few virgins but mainly her older books:

Black Hills - my favorite because the hero and heroine knew each other from childhood.

Honest Illusions - similiar to Black Hills

Shane MacKade - great scene because he doesn't have a CLUE he's the first LOL

Unfinished Business - I think this is a really old book

Born In Ice
CharlotteJ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lor wrote:
CharlotteJ wrote:

That's Mackenzie's Mission and it's the exact one I thought of when I first read this post.

Lor

Yep, that's the title I was thinking of. Wow. LOL. Linda doesn't give a lot of love scenes but when she does, they're pretty steamy Smile
bijoux

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CharlotteJ wrote:
Jean Wan AAR wrote:
CharlotteJ wrote:

I forgot about that one! Smile

Nora's written a few virgins but mainly her older books:

Black Hills - my favorite because the hero and heroine knew each other from childhood.

Honest Illusions - similiar to Black Hills

Shane MacKade - great scene because he doesn't have a CLUE he's the first LOL

Unfinished Business - I think this is a really old book

Born In Ice

Willa in Montana Sky was also a virgin. I can't really remember the scene itself but there was a good deal of lead up to the act.
Tee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the second book of Jean Auel's Earth Children series, The Valley of Horses, is a deflowering scene that's quite extraordinary. I haven't read it in a while, so maybe it wouldn't stand the test of time, but it was quite beautiful. Jondalar was definitely the man for the job! It's not with Ayla; but at that point in the story, they've not yet met.

As a note, I'm not sure the series totally qualifies as romance fiction (actually, I don't think it does), but it does contain a relationship that endures throughout, with the exception of the first book.
xina

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite deflowered scene is between Jamie and Claire in Outlander. The "deflowered" one was of course, the hero. I know I've read countless scenes with female virgins, but this scene stands out from the others. Smile
Ash

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Best deflowering scenes in romance novels??? Reply with quote

Monika wrote:
,where the hero does everything he can do to make the heroine's first time comfortable???

If this is the part you care about most then I recommend "The Governess Affair" by Courtney Milan. The heroine isn't a virgin but she is nervous and the hero puts her at ease in a manner that had me fanning myself Razz its one of the best love scenes I'v ever read.

other then that I really liked the deflowering scenes in:

Almost Heaven by Judith McNaught
Three Nights With A Scoundrel by Tessa Dare
Islandgirl2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willaful wrote:
Lucia wrote:

An incredible scene, probably my favorite in romance, but really doesn't fit the requirements of tender hero trying to make it go well.

Lisa Kleypas often writes that sort of deflowering -- specifically, Secrets of a Summer Night comes to mind.

Yes TSTS has a most memborable deflowering considering both are innocent it's something special.

I also like Nora Roberts Honest Illusions Luke'd first time with Roxanne as she is a virgin and it's a mixture of sweet and steamy.

Then Lyndsey Sands historical romances does some really fun passionate scenes where the heroines are virgins.

Connie Brockway's The Bridal Favor with Justin and Evelyn. I liked the little details about her glasses and the dialouge shared about his intentions after. The communication sometimes between the couple makes the scene more exciting.

Funny I think I've read so many throughout the years where I have grown a bit tired of love scenes I've just read so many I guess they are all sounding the same to me. But more than anything what I look to enjoy in a love scene now is where the author really shows the couple to be playful or emotional. It's not just giving me a blow by blow so to speak but really getting to the heart of them in love scene. A showing of that something special when they are intimate.

And that can be through humor or any number of things involved.
Lynda X

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about HEAVEN, TEXAS by Susan Elizabeth Phillips? This is one of the best romances, ever written, IMO. It takes off from about page 2 and I fell in love with both the h&h, increasing as the book went on. It is a fabulous mixture of hilarity (the thought of the ending STILL makes me smile (really), years and years after I read it), plus when the hero realizes what he's done and that he may have lost the heroine, what a scene! Perfect book!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: