AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The worst romance EVER (cont'd)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreaming of You wrote:
[ Another one that comes to mind is Sea Swept by Nora Roberts. This seems to be a huge favorite for a lot of people but I just couldn't get past the huge inaccuracies (even worse than what you typically see in Romance novels) in dealing with the legal system and child welfare system, not to mention the huge ethical violations committed by the heroine that should not only get her fired but barred from ever practicing social work again.

I agree and didn't she also video tape the kid too at the beginning? Thought that was so creepy.

Linda
PWNN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never read Sea Swept but did read Rising Tides (I'm a series jumper) and heartily disliked the heroine from SS because she was such a lousy obnoxious counselor.

I loathed her discussion with Ethan as she was supposedly helping him by threatening to hit him if he didn't listen to her convince him he shouldn't hate himself for his horrifically abusive childhood, and push him into furthering a relationship he wasn't ready for by insulting him. Oh yeah that makes sense - physically threaten and degrade the man scarred from abuse. Where did she get her license - a cracker jack box?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: