AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with a title

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lqstark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Need help with a title Reply with quote

Need help with the title or author of a book. It is a historical where the heroine is being forced to marry some nobleman. She refuses and he beats her. As she plots her escape, she meet another captive, a little boy, who had been taken by this nobleman's men after he left home to go and meet his uncle. He is the son of a rival nobleman. Anyway, they escape, the little boy's family find them and take them home. The little boy's father convinces the heroine to marry him for protection. The marriage is hastily consumated as the nobleman is riding on the castle to take back his potential bride. Thereafter there are several attempts on the heroine life - she is related to royalty and has a birthmark on he leg to prove it. Can anyone come up with a title or author for this book?
xina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what book this is, but I just read it recently! I'll check my Kindle titles!

to add...Is this a Julie Garwood title? Ransom?
lqstark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it is not Garwood. I remember reading a review for it that said it was like one of the old Garwood historicals. Hope you can help. I also remember that at the beginning the heroine was hiding in a convent.
xina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lqstark wrote:
No, it is not Garwood. I remember reading a review for it that said it was like one of the old Garwood historicals. Hope you can help. I also remember that at the beginning the heroine was hiding in a convent.

I will keep checking my titles. I do remember the birthmark on her leg to prove who she is. She hides it, doesn't she...so she won't be found out?
brwneyedbeauty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like In Bed with a Highlander by Maya Banks.

Bestselling author Maya Banks's beguiling new trilogy features three unforgettable brothers risking everything to save their clan and their legacy -- and to surrender their hearts to love.

Ewan McCabe, the eldest, is a warrior determined to vanquish his enemy. Now, with the time ripe for battle, his men are ready and Ewan is poised to take back what is his -- until a blue-eyed, raven-haired temptress is thrust upon him. Mairin may be the salvation of Ewan’s clan, but for a man who dreams only of revenge, matters of the heart are strange territory to conquer.

Though the illegitimate daughter of the king, Mairin possesses prized property that has made her a pawn -- and wary of love. Her worst fears are realized when she is rescued from peril, only to be forced into marriage by her charismatic and commanding savior, Ewan McCabe. But her attraction to her ruggedly powerful new husband finds her craving his surprisingly tender touch; her body comes alive under his sensual mastery. And as war draws near, Mairin’s strength, spirit, and passion challenge Ewan to conquer his demons -- and embrace a love that means more than revenge and land.
lqstark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are right. It was In Bed with the Highlander. I have been trying to think of it all day. You guys always come through. Thank you!
brwneyedbeauty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lqstark wrote:
Yes, you are right. It was In Bed with the Highlander. I have been trying to think of it all day. You guys always come through. Thank you!

Glad I could help Wink
xina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad you discovered the title, because it was driving me crazy. I knew I had recently read this! Smile Good book!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: