AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fabulous: THE GOVERNESS AFFAIR by Milan
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roseisa

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded it at books on board with a discount!

And it's the best read of the year - only 100 plus pages, packed with a story you can visualize the characters and interaction.

Have read it twice, first flying through it and again to enjoy the picture CM creates - had not read Courtney Milan before, time to glom!

Cool Sunny California - now I have got to get to that gardening!
Blackjack1

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't a huge fan of Unveiled, unfortunately, because I wanted to be and was really hoping to like Milan given her positive reception here at AAR. However, this novella changed that for me. I thought this was wonderful. I started it late at night and ended up staying up to finish it. I loved both characters and I found the plot to be quite interesting. I kept wondering why she may have wanted this plot for a novella, and if it would sustain a full-length treatment. In the end though it works really well here and certainly makes me look forward to her first novel in the series this summer. I also though enjoy the plot of 'strong woman in distress' stories. Hugo made a convincing and appealing hero.
Islandgirl2

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for intriguing me enough to order this short story-Novela. I always think they won't have enough depth or will rush through too fast that it's not something I'll enjoy.

My first Novela read thankfully with this book was so satisfying I went and ordered another from Ms. Milan Unlocked.

But The Governess Affair was so good it's like it left out the boring details and got to the nitty gritty so to speak. I mean ok there are details I do enjoy not to put it down but in this case it just isn't needed because the story and two characters Hugo and Serena are so interesting it kept me turning pages with excitement throughout. I went sunning today and finished in a day.

I think my favorite moments were the notes going back and forth in Chapter 4. LOL for me and I was thinking to myself all right a heroine with cojones that doens't back down! Loved it and I could see why Hugo loved it....

Thank you it's this type of new find that I love AAR for so much.
Laurie Ann

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded this to my Kindle after the DIK review. It was well-deserved. Such a beautifully written book. I agree with the analogy to the Godiva chocolate. I wished for more but was very satisfied by the end. I've gone on to read her backlist and am impatiently waiting for the next in this series. She has me hooked. Very Happy
Trish B

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read THE GOVERNESS AFFAIR last night and I also really enjoyed it. Hugo was a great hero (just yummy!) and Serena was an admirable heroine. I am really looking forward to the upcoming trilogy about their son and his brother and cousin.
Ada

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished it and it was perfect. Just perfect. Just wish it lasted longer...
willaful

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessi wrote:
Read this over the weekend and really enjoyed it. I have had mixed feelings about Milan's books (enjoyed the writing in Unveiled, thought Unraveled was pretty good, didn't much like the writing in Proof by Seduction)

Her first two novels have a cutesy quality I don't care for, but she thankfully lost it. I think everything else she wrote is really worth reading and am glad I tried her again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: