AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Dawn - I'm so mad at author Sandra Brown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erika

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Tee wrote:

But we do know that all those historical fictional characters we read about and love cannot still be alive today. Sooner or later... Smile

Yes..exactly. Smile I read more like a realist..I guess. And I came to the romance genre really, really late, so I don't mind if something goes haywire outside the very small box that romance novels come compacted in. Thinking of death and all in romance novels, Julia London's book, The Secret Lover has a heart wrenching epilogue where the elderly hero walks down to the pond where his love (the heroine) and he had spent many happy times. She has since died and he tells her he will join her soon. Or something like that. It was lovely, and very different. She had died, he missed her and knew his days were numbered. Very beautiful.

I read that book and was left feeling sad. That's not a feeling I want to feel in a romance hea. I became more cautious when it came to buying London's books after reading that book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: