AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lover Reborn....Thoughts (spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LikesBadBoys

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was going to answer all your questions, but that would be really cumbersome. Easier to do this!

http://thewindowseat13.blogspot.com/2012/03/next-black-dagger-brotherhood-book-jr.html

That is a transcript of the Cincinnati signing and most of your questions have an answer!

SPOILERS

Thanks for the link! It looks like Ward still has a lot to work with and I imagine I will hang in for some time to come. I find myself more interested in the original brothers (with the JM crew) and the prospect of Muhrder returning than I am in an Xcor/Layla installation at this point. But it should be interesting to see Xcor and Qhuinn face off again once it's clear Layla is carrying Qhuinn's young. There's no love lost between those two.
LouiseAAR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesBadBoys wrote:
Quote:
I was going to answer all your questions, but that would be really cumbersome. Easier to do this!

http://thewindowseat13.blogspot.com/2012/03/next-black-dagger-brotherhood-book-jr.html

That is a transcript of the Cincinnati signing and most of your questions have an answer!

SPOILERS

Thanks for the link! It looks like Ward still has a lot to work with and I imagine I will hang in for some time to come. I find myself more interested in the original brothers (with the JM crew) and the prospect of Muhrder returning than I am in an Xcor/Layla installation at this point. But it should be interesting to see Xcor and Qhuinn face off again once it's clear Layla is carrying Qhuinn's young. There's no love lost between those two.

I agree, but I also accept that there have to be more characters if the series can continue.

Spoiler

Hey, what do you think of Assail? Why do I keep picturing him as a mix of Rehv and Saxton... Is that crazy?
LikesBadBoys

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILERY RESPONSE

Quote:
Spoiler

Hey, what do you think of Assail? Why do I keep picturing him as a mix of Rehv and Saxton... Is that crazy?

I definitely pictured him as a slightly more civilized version of Rhevenge. He seems much more formal given his roots in the Old Country. I find him somewhat intriguing as well, I just wonder what will forge a lasting connection to the Brotherhood.

One of the things mentioned on the site you linked me to was really encouraging. It mentioned that the upcoming war would require recruiting people to fight with the Brotherhood, whether that war is with the Sympaths or the Lessers (or both), I'm not sure. But, it seems like that's a great way to bring in new blood, especially of the female variety if there are some willing to fight or provide other services to this growing network of protectors. I'd like to see more heroines brought in from outside of the race too, a la Mary, Beth, and Jane.
Wendy AAR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is everyone pronouncing 'Xcor' anyway? Score?
LouiseAAR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wendydfw wrote:

If you listen to the audios, the narrator pronounces it "Score" and Xhex as "Zhex". However, Ward has said that is a mistake and it should be Cor and Hex. I think those are the only mispronunciations in the audios...
Wendy AAR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LouiseAAR wrote:
wendydfw wrote:

If you listen to the audios, the narrator pronounces it "Score" and Xhex as "Zhex". However, Ward has said that is a mistake and it should be Cor and Hex. I think those are the only mispronunciations in the audios...

Good to know, thanks.

Last edited by Wendy AAR on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
tuga

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This series was the one that really glued me to paranormal, before it I didn't read the genre that much so it will always be a beloved memory for me. I think the recent books don't have the same feel as the first ones but it's also true I've read the first 6 in a row, no breathing in between. I guess the way you read also influences how you end up seeing things.

This book..I liked it. Some things aren't happening how I imagined but I'm still in a happy place when I read a book about those characters. I think no matter what others think, if our personal taste still feels happiness...then it works for me.
pwm in mi

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished LR this morning, after waiting for my local library to get it in.
I really enjoyed it and needed tissues at certain points. I did feel that after the horrible fight between Tohr and NoOne, she let him off too easy. I needed to see him grovel more and perhaps more internal shift to buy that he was now in love with her. I may reread that section, but it felt pretty rushed for me. Otherwise a very solid installment in the series.
MEK

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have such a love/hate of JR Ward's choices for her characters and plot lines in these books. I sometimes get so frustrated with her as an author. Without getting too spoilerish, in this book she was so nonsensical in the "in between" business with Wellsie and Autumn and the whys and who's and how longs... And where was her Scribe Virgin? missing in action - makes no sense

In addition, her Layla character is a basket case, and got even more so with her "big decision" at the end of this book.

On top of all that, I'm not sure if I really saw a love story between Tohr and Autumn or not. I reread Louise's review, and she certainly felt it was there and well done. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I felt so uncomfortable at the end that Autumn was getting the short stick.
Perhaps it was the fast windup after the big fight. Maybe that killed it for me.

Maybe I'm just done! I haven't had an "Ahh! How wonderful! I love this couple and they had a truly great story!" .... in a long time!

HOWEVER, sometimes it takes a second reading for me to truly get a handle on a book, especially one this long with so much going on. I may change my tune, but I kinda doubt it.
pwm in mi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEK wrote:

In addition, her Layla character is a basket case, and got even more so with her "big decision" at the end of this book.

On top of all that, I'm not sure if I really saw a love story between Tohr and Autumn or not. I reread Louise's review, and she certainly felt it was there and well done. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I felt so uncomfortable at the end that Autumn was getting the short stick.
Perhaps it was the fast windup after the big fight. Maybe that killed it for me.

Layla is a bit of a hot mess. I am hoping when she gets her book, she will have more of back bone, more of an identity. I guess that's what the baby is all about.

Nice sum up re: Tohr and Autumn. I thought Ward skipped too fast to Tohr's declaration.

Also wanted to mention that Ward kept her jarring playfulness with words to a minimum in this book. Wonder if her editor told her enough already!
I will keep reading, these books are cracktastic! A Vampire One Life to Live.
LouiseAAR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEK wrote:
I reread Louise's review, and she certainly felt it was there and well done. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I felt so uncomfortable at the end that Autumn was getting the short stick.

Want to know what made it work for me? The reason I was able to believe it was because of the past that Tohr and Autumn had together. The way that the romance rang true is that I believed that, had Autumn not ended her own life, she and Tohr may have had a future together and then Tohr may never have had the life he had with Wellsie. I know, he was always promised to Wellsie, but we know (ie Wrath and Marissa) that a strong willed male bonded to his female may ignore those things. So I see it that Tohr and Autumn, if not for the state of Autumn's mind at the time of her pregnancy, might have been "the couple" if they had had a chance to let their love grow. So to me, Wellsie and Autumn were both the loves of Tohr's life, but the loves for different times in his life and different situations.

Does that make sense? Smile
MEK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEK wrote:

Want to know what made it work for me? The reason I was able to believe it was because of the past that Tohr and Autumn had together. The way that the romance rang true is that I believed that, had Autumn not ended her own life, she and Tohr may have had a future together and then Tohr may never have had the life he had with Wellsie. I know, he was always promised to Wellsie, but we know (ie Wrath and Marissa) that a strong willed male bonded to his female may ignore those things. So I see it that Tohr and Autumn, if not for the state of Autumn's mind at the time of her pregnancy, might have been "the couple" if they had had a chance to let their love grow. So to me, Wellsie and Autumn were both the loves of Tohr's life, but the loves for different times in his life and different situations.

Ah! That is an angle worth exploring. I read so fast, I'm definitely going to have to reread at a slower pace and see if it changes my take on their relationship.

I did love the way Xhex and Autumn began bonding as mother and daughter at the end. Very nice.
LouiseAAR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEK wrote:
MEK wrote:

Ah! That is an angle worth exploring. I read so fast, I'm definitely going to have to reread at a slower pace and see if it changes my take on their relationship.

I did love the way Xhex and Autumn began bonding as mother and daughter at the end. Very nice.

If I had a problem with anything in the book it was Xhex and JM's relationship SNAFU. I thought it was too soon after their HEA to have such a big problem. I also would have thought that the situation with JM and Xhex should have connected more to Payne. I mean, if anyone could understand how JM felt it would be Manny and V and yet there was no connection between either Xhex and Payne or JM and Manny. I thought maybe a simple conversation with Manny that resulted in the same epiphany for JM may have ended the whole separation and that type of lack of communication annoys me sometimes. Other than that, I loved the book and have reread it twice already! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: