Today’s Steals and Deals at AAR…..

This book is fascinating–the world building is off the charts. In our B+ review, I said: 

The world building and the wonderful exploration of the Philippines and its mythology are so strong and so unusual. The leads are sexy together and have fabulous banter. I’m eagerly awaiting book two. My grade is an A-.

It’s on sale for 4.99 here.

As an Amazon Affiliate, we earn a very small percentage of whatever you buy. And remember, we get a percentage of EVERYTHING in your cart when you’ve begun your shopping from our site. We are working hard to stay online but it is very very difficult on today’s internet. When you buy ANYTHING from us, that tiny sliver of money is what enables us to stay on line, so please, visit our links and click through to Amazon. Thanks!

I very much enjoyed this one as well. (Our review is here.) Our reviewer wrote: 

Wynter Atrialan is the king of Wintercraig. He began to rule when he was just sixteen, and he takes his duties very seriously. He is also fiercely protective of his younger brother. When the prince of Summerlea runs away with Wynter’s bride-to-be, killing Wynter’s brother in the process, Wyn knows it’s time for war. Summoning the power of the ice heart, he sets out to bring Summerlea to its knees. Three years later, the war is over. Wynter rides into Summerlea, not to negotiate peace, but to inform its ruler just what peace will cost him. Wyn is a hard man, and there’s no room for negotiations. Since Summerlea cost him a bride and an heir, Wyn demands one of the king’s beautiful and much-loved daughters as his wife. The Summerlea princess will bear him a child that will one day rule both kingdoms.

Enter Khamsin Curruscate, fourth princess of Summerlea, a young woman who has spent her life in the shadows of the court. Her father hates her, blaming Kham’s extraordinary and uncontrollable gift of weather magic for the death of her mother when Kham was just a child. Her father wants nothing more than to be rid of her, and to spite Wynter at the same time. Obviously, Kham becomes Wynter’s wife.

It’s on sale for 1.49 here.

I adore poetry and this book is one of my all time favorites. It’s a balm for these times. Critics say it’s smartly crafted, emotionally rich, and luminous. I agree!

It’s on sale for 1.99 here.

This historical fiction got a DIK from us. Our reviewer wrote:

If you’re looking for historical fiction with a complex yet thoroughly relatable heroine, you can’t go wrong with When We Left Cuba. The story pulled me in from the very first page, and I found myself longing for more when I reached the end.

It’s on sale for 2.99 here.

This modern take on Emma is lovely. Our DIK review is here. Lisa wrote:

Kamila Knows Best is a gently funny, charming romcom that upends Jane Austen’s Emma and has a lot of fun with its energetic heroine and engaging premise.

It’s on sale for 2.99 here.

Lin’s Tang Dynasty books are masterful. (Our review of this one is here.) We said:

My Fair Concubine – as the title might suggest – is a Tang Dynasty take on My Fair Lady. The heroine is a tea shop girl, and the hero talks her into impersonating his sister – who is supposed to be a peace bride, a gift to a warrior in a distant province, but has run away with her lover. I found it to be a fun and unusual twist on a classic romance theme.

It’s for sale for 1.99 here.

Eloisa James is on her game with this very amusing historical romance. Our DIK review is here.

It’s on sale for 3.99 here.