|Lily Rose 81
Joined: 25 May 2012
|Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:28 pm Post subject: Looking for a book I'd like to re-read....help me please!
I've tried to remember the title of a book I'd like to re-read that's been tormenting me but I can't.
It's fixed idea.
What I remember:
- It's historical and set in England.(Regency or Victorian era)
- The book is not of recent publishing.
- h and H have a kind of marriage of convenience and don't like each other a lot.
- They have twins (male sons I'm almost sure)
- H/h stay apart for a while because they have a hate/love relationship.
- There's a second story involving h's bestfriend (or something like that) and a dear male friend of heroine (My memory tells me he's an earl).
- The bestfriend gets pregnant with the h's dear friend. She runs away (don't remember why) and has a boy. She lives (maybe in Cornwall) saying she's a widow. Her lover keeps searching for her. If I remember correctly the heroine know where she was living but dind't tell her friend the earl when he asked. This secondary couple charachters love each other but she thinks to be kinda unworthy of him.
- In a final scene when h, H are celebrating something I think ,the friend sees the bestfriend with a boy and knows he's his child.
That's all for now.
I'll add info if I'll recall anything more.