Today’s Steals and Deals at AAR…..

This is my personal favorite of the Bridgerton books. (Will Netflix do right by it this Spring? I’m anxious, I must confess!) Our review is here.

Julia Quinn is at the top of her game here, and Romancing Mister Bridgerton is a first-rate effort more than deserving of its undoubted commercial success. And I’ll say it once more because I think it’s easy to forget: it takes a very good writer to make it look this easy.

It’s on sale for 1.99 here.

This women’s fiction wowed us when it was published. (Our review is here.)

Prospect Street is a gem of a book – well written, compassionate, with an important, but not too blatant, message. I highly recommend it. My only other experience with Richards was her wonderful The Trouble with Joe, another very compassionate, very realistic story about a couple experiencing infertility. I’ve got a number of Richards’ books in the TBR pile, however, and I’m going to dig them up right now.

This recent release is a fun, sexy historical romance. (One of our reviewers has it on her Best of 2023 list.)

After eight days in a cramped stagecoach, divorcée Marigold Davis already regrets her decision to come to Denver City to marry. She certainly didn’t realize she’d signed up for mosquitoes, mud, and scores of rough men eyeing her like a hot meal on a cold day. But with her life in Kansas all but incinerated, Marigold needs a husband. Even if she’s not the bride that gold prospector Virgil Gardner is expecting…

Virgil Gardner has a reputation as a grumpy hard-ass, and he’s fine with it. He’s also no fool—this is not the woman he agreed to marry. It takes a tough-as-nails woman to survive the harshness of a Rocky Mountain gold claim, and this whiskey-eyed, gentle beauty is certainly not the type. Now it’s just a matter of how quickly she’ll quit so he can find a wife who will stick. Someone who can care for the only thing he values even more than gold–his children.

But Marigold isn’t about to give in. Cramped in a one-room shack. Berry picking turned into a bear escape. Or cooking for an entire crew of bottomless pits. She’s got more grit than most. And just when Virgil starts to realize his replacement bride might be the treasure he’s been looking for, an unannounced guest arrives…to change everything.

It’s on sale for 0.99 here.

We gave this a B+.

This one is a winner! (Our DIK review is here.)

Sometimes silly, very steamy and emotionally draining, Roommate Risk runs its readers through the gamut of emotions.  Jasmine is a badass, but the damage from her childhood is profound and prevents her from embracing all the love, companionship and intimacy Rahul wants to give her.  Your heart aches for her to let Rahul in. Rahul – capable, determined, giving – gives with all his heart; to Jasmine, his family, his job… but he’s plagued with doubts about whether Jasmine can love him.  His quiet, tender, deeply sensitive approach to Jasmine is sweetly wonderful.  Fortunately, via a series of ever escalating ‘bets,’ they find their way to each other.  Each bet seems to peel away layers of their relationship – until they’re faced with the ultimate bet: that they’re brave enough to be together.  It’s a clever and convenient plot device put to great, good use by this love challenged pair.

It’s on sale for 2.49 here.

You can see all our current deals at our Amazon storefront here.

As an Amazon Affiliate, we earn a very small percentage of whatever you buy using our links. And remember, we get a percentage of EVERYTHING in your cart when you’ve begun your shopping with our links. That tiny sliver of money is what enables us to stay on line, so please, visit our links and click through to Amazon. Thanks!

Subscribe
Notify of

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments