Today’s Steals and Deals at AAR…..

This historical fiction is a DIK for us. 

It’s clear the author did quite a bit of research before writing The Whispers of War, and I applaud her ability to bring this dark period in history to life so vividly. This really is the kind of story that transports its readers to another place and time, allowing us to leave our real lives behind for a few hours. I loved every moment I spent in the world Ms. Kelly has created, and I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for her next book.

It’s at Amazon for 1.99 here.

This is the 7th book in Thomas’ lauded Charlotte Holmes series. (Our review is here.)

After feigning her own death in Cornwall to escape from Moriarty’s perilous attention, Charlotte Holmes goes into hiding. But then she receives a tempting offer: Find a dossier the crown is desperately seeking, and she might be able to go back to a normal life.

Her search leads her aboard the RMS Provence. But on the night Charlotte makes her move to retrieve the dossier, in the midst of a terrifying storm in the Bay of Biscay, a brutal murder takes place on the ship.

Instead of solving the crime, as she is accustomed to doing, Charlotte must take care not to be embroiled in this investigation, lest it become known to those who harbor ill intentions that Sherlock Holmes is abroad and still very much alive.

This is a DIK for us!

The truth about Phila’s past and the scandal involving Nick unfold in a suspenseful manner, and I loved watching their relationship grow. One of the things that I like about many of JAK’s books is that the couple bond early on, and the hero often knows “this is the woman for me”. Nick wants to marry Phila, and it she who has doubts, thinking the C&L crowd will never accept her. She has spent much of her life on the outside looking in; she is not going to go through that again….

This is truly one of my favorite books, and I’ve read it many, many times. I hope you’ll give it a try!

It’s at Amazon for 2.49 here.

Andrews writes excellent, smokin’ hot sports romances. Our DIK review of this one is here.

Sassy, sexy, emotional; this book is fantastic. It’s also short, clocking in under 200 pages, so it’s the perfect immersive read for travel or a rainy day. Also, by the way, when I say sexy I mean it. Ms. Andrews writes the hell out of a sex scene, so be prepared. While rugby does play a big part in the story, but I don’t think it would be alienating to anyone who doesn’t know the rules.

Overall, highly recommended. Highly.

It’s at Amazon for 2.99 here.

Hard to believe, but at one time, Civil War romances were common. This one, by SEP, is beloved. YMMV!

The War Between the States may be over for the rest of the country, but not for Kit Weston. Disguised as a boy, she’s come to New York City to kill Baron Cain, the man who stands between her and Risen Glory, the South Carolina home she loves. But unknown to Kit, the Yankee war hero is more than her bitterest enemy—he’s also her guardian. And he’ll be a lot harder to kill than she’s figured on . . .

Believing that Kit’s a boy, Cain offers the grubby rapscallion a job in his stable. But he has no idea what he’s in for, and it’s not long before the hero of Missionary Ridge discovers the truth. His scamp of a stable boy is a strong-willed, violet-eyed beauty who’s hell-bent on driving him crazy.

You can see all our current deals at our Amazon storefront here.

As an Amazon Affiliate, we earn a very small percentage of whatever you buy using our links. And remember, we get a percentage of EVERYTHING in your cart when you’ve begun your shopping with our links. That tiny sliver of money is what enables us to stay on line, so please, visit our links and click through to Amazon. Thanks!

Subscribe
Notify of

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments