AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ID: man cursed, turned into statue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willaful

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: ID: man cursed, turned into statue Reply with quote

I found this request at whatsthatbook.com and thought it sounded interesting. Anyone know it?

"Once in a Blue moon, at least that's what I thought the title was. A man
is in love with his woman, going to propose, but a witch chases them and
curses them. He is turned into a statue that shall remain in the center of
the maze outside his true love's house.

At least a century goes by and a girl and her parents move into the large,
old, beautiful house. There are soft blue (or white) roses at the entrance
of a large (hedge) maze. The teen tries to go in, but gets lost. It seems
at times she cannot get to the center of the maze, but sometimes she can.
There's a statue of a man; handsome, leather boots, from another time.
It's so life like. Turns out it's Chance, the man that was cursed by the
witch. Turns out the witch is posing as a teen that goes to this girl's
school. (cafeteria, jeans, t-shirts, pretty modern day, though I can't
remember when it was published) Chance: Is the statue. Painfully turns
into himself (from the statue state) and must woo the girl before the end
of the blue moon (or so I thought). Any ideas? I know that Moon is in the
title. "
shameless3

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a young adult book from the 90's called Blue Moon by Cameron Dokey (Mystery Date, no. 2):

Chance Davies wanted to marry Sarah Anderson for just one reason: she was the sole heir to her father's vast estate, an estate that would provide Chance with the wealth and prestige he never had because he was the son of a Yankee in South Carolina on the eve of the Civil War. But a jealous former lover, angry over Chance's abandonment of her, curses him, turning him to stone. Not even Sarah's love for him can stop the curse. In the present day, seventeen-year-old Kathleen leaves her Seattle home to move with her family to the Anderson estate. Although suspicious of the oddly human statue in the garden and the mysertious secret admirer who sends her letters and gifts, Kathleen dismisses rumors that the houes is cursed as little more than fairly tales. Little does Kathleen know that she is the only one who can break the curse and save Chance from eternal torment. But the one who cursed him, given eternal youth and beauty because of her worship of darkness, will do anything to stop Kathleen from freeing Chance, and time is running out.
willaful

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure sounds right. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: