AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for twitter suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayne

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Looking for twitter suggestions Reply with quote

I'm looking for recs of favorite followers on twitter. I haven't added any new ones in a long time. Currently my favs are On The Red Carpet, Ryan Seacrest, Breaking News, Sockington the Cat, Bronz Zoo Cobra, and some local sports figures. Do you have any favorites on twitter that you follow?
NoirFemme

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I follow a lot of authors, readers, Downton Abbey fans, historians and history bloggers, and Brits. Here are a few interesting people:

Amanda Vickery (@Amanda_Vickery)
Weird History (@historyweird)
Tasha B (@heidenkind)
Olivia Kelly (@OliviaKelly_)
The Romance Man (@TheRomanceMan3)
Amy Valenti (@unwrappinromanc)
Nana

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time had a feature, The 140 Best Twitter Feeds: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/0,28757,2058946,00.html Depending on what you like you may find good recommendations there.

My favorites are physicist Neil Degrasse Tyson (NeilTyson) and the inimitable George Takei (GeorgeTakei). Stephen Colbert (StephenAtHome) can also be a hoot.

Charlie McDowell tweets about the ridiculous things his upstairs neighbors say. You can check out his blog Dear Girls Above Me to see if it's your thing. (http://www.deargirlsaboveme.com)
Kayne

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for twitter suggestions Reply with quote

Thank you so much for these great recs. I am now following these and have already been laughing and/or amazed at the fun tweets. Some folks have very witty tweets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: