AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jessica Bird's HIS COMFORT AND JOY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynda X

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Jessica Bird's HIS COMFORT AND JOY Reply with quote

I downloaded this last week and am having a very hard time finishing it. I loved Bird's (AKA, J.R. Ward)'s previous book in her "series," THE BILLIONAIRE NEXT DOOR (I guess we now spit on a million dollars), but I'm finding COMFORT to be very flat and frankly, boring. Anyone read it? Ho hum.
babyfishmouth

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COMFORT AND JOY was not one of my favorites by Jessica Bird.
I liked FROM THE FIRST much better.

My least favorite in that series was A MAN IN A MILLION. The hero, Spike, had yellow eyes and it threw me out of the story each time trying to imagine what that would look like. I think Spike was probably a prototype for all the vampire books she wrote as JR Ward.
Manda

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC I wasn't crazy about that one either. My fave of those is still THE BILLIONAIRE NEXT DOOR. Followed closely by FROM THE FIRST.

Babyfishmouth, I was weirded out by MAN IN A MILLION too. Doesn't one of the BDB make a cameo in that one as well? I know Butch appears in BND.

Did you guys see that she has another one in the Moorehouse series coming out May 27? It's called THE PLAYER.
Kayne

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think The Player is a reprint of Comfort and Joy from the Amazon description. I also really liked Billionaire Next Door and would like to see Billy and Mac's story. A series I like better that Comfort and Joy, etc. is the Lisa Marie Rice ones written as Elizabeth Jennings, for example, Taming Nick, Joy Forever and Heart to Heart.
Manda

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:
I think The Player is a reprint of Comfort and Joy from the Amazon description. I also really liked Billionaire Next Door and would like to see Billy and Mac's story. A series I like better that Comfort and Joy, etc. is the Lisa Marie Rice ones written as Elizabeth Jennings, for example, Taming Nick, Joy Forever and Heart to Heart.

Bummer! That's what I get for not reading the description. I guess HQN is trying to reap the benefits of once having had JR Ward in their stable. Though I suppose since their reprint means she didn't get the rights back, she's still in there stable!
Jean Wan AAR

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comfort and Joy used to be a real comfort read. Guy (I think is his name) can be a real bastard, but crikey, the grovel's worth it. I haven't read it in ages though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: