Today’s Steals and Deals at AAR…..

We’ve given three of these a B or higher. If you’ve not read them, here’s your chance.

In her inimitable style – full of wit, wisdom, gossip, and romance – Julia Quinn introduces the charismatic Rokesby brothers as they maneuver through the scrutiny of London’s high society and secure matches worthy of their station – and their hearts. Adored by millions of fans worldwide, these timeless stories will transport you to a world of propriety, passion, and mischief—and love.

In these four books, you will meet:

Billie Bridgerton and George Rokesby, family friends who cannot stand the sight of each other, in Because of Miss Bridgerton.

Cecilia Harcourt and Edward Rokesby, the handsome—and amnesiac—best friend of Cecilia’s brother, in The Girl with the Make-Believe Husband.

Poppy Bridgerton and Captain Andrew James Rokesby, a reckless privateer for the Crown, in The Other Miss Bridgerton.

Georgina Bridgerton and Nicholas Rokesby, childhood friends forced to marry to avoid social ruin, in First Comes Scandal.

You can get 1305 pages of Julia Quinn for 4.99 here.

We haven’t reviewed this one–Amazon readers give it 4.5 rating.

With her headful of wild curls and wilder ideas and an unabashed love of experiments and explosives, society has labeled Lady Imogen Loveless peculiar…and doesn’t know she’s one of the Hell’s Belles—a group of vigilantes operating outside the notice of most of London.

Thomas Peck is not most of London. The brilliant detective fought his way off the streets and into a promising career through sheer force of will and a keen ability to see things others miss, like the fact that Imogen isn’t peculiar…she’s pandemonium. If you ask him, she requires a keeper. When her powerful family discovers her late-night activities, they couldn’t agree more…and they know just the man for the task.

Thomas wants nothing to do with guarding Imogen. He is a grown man with a proper job and no time for the lady’s incendiary chaos, no matter how lushly it is packaged. But some assignments are too explosive to pass up, and the gruff detective is soon caught up in Imogen’s world, full of her bold smiles and burning secrets…and a fiery passion that threatens to consume them both.

It’s on sale for 1.99 here.

Lucy Parker is always a good time. (Here’s our review.)

Petunia (Pet) De Vere is the new personal assistant for Prince Consort Johnny Marchmont, and despite its challenges she couldn’t enjoy her job more. Johnny is sweet, if somewhat clumsy and awkward, and Pet’s life is never dull as she manages his schedule and tries to aid in damage control after one of Johnny’s legendary missteps. But that concept of helping with damage control is taken to a new level when Johnny’s habit of repeatedly tripping and falling onto Pet has some rumors starting that they’re romantically involved. Looking to quell the nonsense, the palace’s PR team asks if she would be willing to go on a few public dates with Johnny’s bodyguard Matthias Vaughn.

Matthias has had a thing for Pet (or “Button”, as he adorably likes to call her) since they met, but has never considered that she would want to date him. A hulking mountain of a man with an unprepossessing face, he’s more used to scaring people off than attracting them. So while he finds her sweet, it never occurs to Matthias that this perfect, kind, beautiful girl would be interested in him. But of course, as soon as they start going on their staged dates the attraction is palpable, and it’s not long before their fake relationship is deliciously real.

It’s on sale for 1.99 here.

We flat out adored this one.

To my surprise and absolute delight, my favorite book this year is Wolfsong.  It’s wonderful for many reasons, not the least of which is my discovery that I like shifter/paranormal romances. Ha!  It also dispelled any doubt I had that a human/wolf pairing could or would capture my heart.  It did. And Wolfsong did.  Romantic, funny, poignant… Wolfsong is everything I hope for when I start reading a new novel.

When the book opens, Ox Matheson is a lonely and awkward twelve-year old struggling to deal with his emotions after his father abandons him and his mother.  The man’s hurtful parting words to his son, that he’s dumb as an ox, and that Ox is “gonna get shit,” he said. “For most of your life.” resonate and stay with Ox through all of the significant moments of his life, until he meets the one person who changes everything.  We witness Ox struggling at school and home, and then we’re given vivid snapshots of his life at a few significant milestones – when he’s sixteen, seventeen, twenty-three and twenty-six.  While still in school, he gets a job at a local garage and finds a second home there, its owner becoming the closest thing he has to a father figure.  Years pass as Ox finds a fragile happiness in the rhythm of his days – home, school, the garage, home – until shortly after he turns sixteen, and he meets Joe Bennett….

Despite all the shifting, magic (yes, there’s some of that too) and conflict, at its heart Wolfsong is a love story. And fortunately, the patient reader is amply rewarded. The book only has a few steamy scenes, but Klune makes the most of them; hot, passionate and delightfully dirty – I loved every moment.  I won’t spoil the last few pages, but I’ll share this much – the conclusion to Wolfsong is sexy, deeply moving, intense and powerful.  Just like the book. GO GET IT.

It’s on sale for 2.99 here.

This one looks worth a whirl.

It’s 1942, and air raid sirens continue to wail around London. Eighteen-year-old Nellie Morris counts every day lucky that she emerges from the underground shelters unharmed, her loving family still surrounding her.

After a chance encounter with Ray, an American airman stationed nearby, Nellie becomes enchanted with the idea of a broader world. Just when Nellie begins to embrace an exciting new life with Ray, a terrible incident occurs during an air raid one evening, tearing Nellie’s world is torn apart. But just when it seems all hope is lost, Nellie finds that, against all odds, love and happiness can triumph.

Nineteen Steps is a deeply affecting, mesmerizing page-turner inspired by the author’s family history. An epic story of longing, loss, and secrets, Millie Bobby Brown’s propulsive debut introduces an unforgettable, brave young woman and boldly portrays the strength in the power of love.

Here’s a recent release by Putney. It’s a 4.5 read at Amazon.

True love crosses all boundaries in award-winning New York Times bestselling author Mary Jo Putney’s captivating historical romance, in which a young countess flees revolutionary France for London, becomes a maid, learns about life downstairs, and finds unexpected love.

Forced to escape the French Revolution, resilient young Comtesse Marie-Christine D’Estelle flees to London. But when she finds herself unexpectedly penniless, Christa hides her aristocratic background to become a lady’s maid. . . . Until rebuffing advances from both her tyrannical mistress’s husband and her lover gets Christa cast into the street—directly into a hero’s arms . . .

After a long absence, Captain Lord Alexander Kingsley has returned to England on medical leave. Now head of his family, he must take charge of his younger siblings. He feels a special duty to his sister Annabelle, a shy debutante in need of a maid. So Alex is delighted to discover that the intriguing, outspoken, and lovely young woman who serendipitously landed in his arms is in need of just such a position . . .

With her warmth, charm, and surprisingly refined intellect, Christa soon wins the hearts of all the Kingsleys—especially Alex. And while their mutual attraction deepens to something more, the gap in their social stations seems an impossible obstacle. Only when Alex and Annabelle become the targets of fortune hunters, will the truth about Christa have a chance to be revealed. But will it mean a chance for true love to triumph?

You can see all our current deals at our Amazon storefront here.

As an Amazon Affiliate, we earn a very small percentage of whatever you buy using our links. And remember, we get a percentage of EVERYTHING in your cart when you’ve begun your shopping with our links. That tiny sliver of money is what enables us to stay on line, so please, visit our links and click through to Amazon. Thanks!

Subscribe
Notify of

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments