AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't remember title

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
becca0424

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Can't remember title Reply with quote

Can't remember title to the book....I believe the main character was named Poppy but I may be wrong on that. She snuck out of her "coming out" party and ended up being caught in a tryst with the Duke next door in his house, and was forced to marry him. He had lost his first wife in some sort of accident and was nicknamed the "deadly duke" or something of that fashion.
Diana

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O-o I know this one! It's Tempt Me at Twilight from Lisa Kleypas' Hathaway series.

From Amazon:

Book Description
Publication Date: September 22, 2009
Poppy Hathaway loves her unconventional family, though she longs for normalcy. Then fate leads to a meeting with Harry Rutledge, an enigmatic hotel owner and inventor with wealth, power, and a dangerous hidden life. When their flirtation compromises her own reputation, Poppy shocks everyone by accepting his proposal—only to find that her new husband offers his passion, but not his trust.

Harry was willing to do anything to win Poppy—except to open his heart. All his life, he has held the world at arm’s length…but the sharp, beguiling Poppy demands to be his wife in every way that matters. Still, as desire grows between them, an enemy lurks in the shadows. Now if Harry wants to keep Poppy by his side, he must forge a true union of body and soul, once and for all...
becca0424

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, I don't think that's quite it. I read this one a long time ago. I would say around 2005 or so. But thanks for your help Diana!!
PWNN

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Poppy or a Duke but Teresa Medeiros - One Night of Scandal has Lottie doing that with the Murderous Marquess next door.

Quote:
Proper decorum has never come easily to Carlotta Anne Fairleigh—not even tonight, when the lovely, impetuous miss is finally making her debut. As she waits to make her entrance, she can't help wondering about the darkened house next door, the supposedly abandoned home of Hayden St. Clair, the man society has dubbed the "Murderous Marquess." Certainly one small peek through his window before the festivities would be harmless . . .

And, naturally, this latest "adventure" ends in disaster, thoroughly compromising the budding debutante's reputation and leaving her suddenly, unthinkably . . . betrothed! Soon she's en route to the wilds of Cornwall in the company of the handsome, mysterious marquess whose name the ton whisper with fear and loathing.

Yet there is something thrilling—and surprisingly tender—about her dark, unreachable groom, and the desire in his eyes is undeniable. But before Lottie will surrender to the yearnings in her heart, she must unlock the secrets of Hayden's past, no matter how scandalous—or perilous—they may be.

becca0424

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, even with my bad explanation you nailed it!! Thanks so much Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: