AAR
Click here for full forums index
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 
Sookie 12
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
maryskl



Joined: 25 Apr 2009
Posts: 356
Location: Alabama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Sookie 12 Reply with quote

Anyone else waiting with bated breath for the next Sookie book (due out next Tuesday)?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Sookie 12 Reply with quote

maryskl wrote:
Anyone else waiting with bated breath for the next Sookie book (due out next Tuesday)?


Me me me! LOL And I think there is only one more after. Crying or Very sad

I have a worry this latest one will have her break things up with Eric because they were not doing so well in the last book. I hope not, fingers crossed and all that.

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maggie AAR



Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 2508

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Sookie 12 Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:


And I think there is only one more after. Crying or Very sad
Linda


I've looked for information on that and couldn't find it. Does anyone know where (or if) such info exists? This is what is on the authors website

Quote:
Q. Are you finished with the Sookie Stackhouse series? When will the next book come out?

A. I am not finished with the series. I donít know how many more books I will write about Sookie. The next one will be out in May.


The year on the bottom of the page is 2011.

I thought she had set a number to finish but I can't find it. Sure would be nice to know though.

maggie b.
_________________
http://maggiebbooksandteas.blogspot.com
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain. - Louisa May Alcott
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie -

http://www.fearnet.com/news/interviews/b24561_exclusive_author_charlaine_harris_on.html

http://true-blood.net/2012/04/14/sookie-book-13-title-revealed-plus-charlaine-harris-future-plans/


Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maryskl



Joined: 25 Apr 2009
Posts: 356
Location: Alabama

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sookie 12 Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
maryskl wrote:
Anyone else waiting with bated breath for the next Sookie book (due out next Tuesday)?


Me me me! LOL And I think there is only one more after. Crying or Very sad

I have a worry this latest one will have her break things up with Eric because they were not doing so well in the last book. I hope not, fingers crossed and all that.

Linda



Oh I am worried about the Eric situation too! I read an excerpt of chapter 2 and it looks like fairies figure prominently again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maggie AAR



Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 2508

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Maggie -

http://www.fearnet.com/news/interviews/b24561_exclusive_author_charlaine_harris_on.html

http://true-blood.net/2012/04/14/sookie-book-13-title-revealed-plus-charlaine-harris-future-plans/


Linda


Thanks, Linda. It is really annoying that the author website didn't have that info!

Maggie
_________________
http://maggiebbooksandteas.blogspot.com
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain. - Louisa May Alcott
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
erika



Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 508

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the last one? If so I'm going to read as an ebook. Hope Harris doesn't off Sookie...that chick is the Jack Bauer of sci fi!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erika wrote:
Is this the last one? If so I'm going to read as an ebook. Hope Harris doesn't off Sookie...that chick is the Jack Bauer of sci fi!


Erika, one more after this one, I don't think she'll kill Sookie off.

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erika



Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 508

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
erika wrote:
Is this the last one? If so I'm going to read as an ebook. Hope Harris doesn't off Sookie...that chick is the Jack Bauer of sci fi!


Erika, one more after this one, I don't think she'll kill Sookie off.

Linda


Thanks. I'm certainly hoping Sookie a HEA at least. I can't decide if Erik or Bill should be her hea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished this book, anyone else?

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
veasleyd1



Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 2064

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
I just finished this book, anyone else?

Linda


Not yet, but you all reminded me to buy it, so it shouldn't be long now Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kris



Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 312
Location: Southwestern Ontario

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va said
Quote:
I just finished this book, anyone else?


I finished it last night and I thought it was much better than the previous book. I'll be very excited to see how Ms. Harris finishes this series because at this point I have no idea who Sookie will end up with(or not). I don't want to say anymore until more people have finished it.
_________________
Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kris wrote:
Linda in sw va said
Quote:
I just finished this book, anyone else?


I finished it last night and I thought it was much better than the previous book. I'll be very excited to see how Ms. Harris finishes this series because at this point I have no idea who Sookie will end up with(or not). I don't want to say anymore until more people have finished it.


I'm on the fence, the last two books have not been as enjoyable to me as many of her previous books, I feel like I need to go back and do a reread.

Slight spoiler ahead..

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

I sure hope she's not going to kill Sookie off, it made me uncomfortable that she had her going to a lawyer to make up a will.

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maggie AAR



Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 2508

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
kris wrote:
Linda in sw va said
Quote:
I just finished this book, anyone else?


I finished it last night and I thought it was much better than the previous book. I'll be very excited to see how Ms. Harris finishes this series because at this point I have no idea who Sookie will end up with(or not). I don't want to say anymore until more people have finished it.


I'm on the fence, the last two books have not been as enjoyable to me as many of her previous books, I feel like I need to go back and do a reread.

Slight spoiler ahead..

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

I sure hope she's not going to kill Sookie off, it made me uncomfortable that she had her going to a lawyer to make up a will.

Linda


I don't think so. Highlight to read:There was all the commotion over the babies and then the ending with Sam. Also, the bar partnership. I think the series will close out with Sookie and Sam running Merlot's with a bunch of puppies around them.

That's the ending I *think* will happen but this series has surprised me before.
maggie b.
_________________
http://maggiebbooksandteas.blogspot.com
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain. - Louisa May Alcott


Last edited by Maggie AAR on Thu May 03, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
veasleyd1



Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 2064

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it; read it. IMHO it's far better than the last couple of books in the series. I have no idea in the world how she plans to finish this up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group