AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Specific recommendations for a JA Krentz book

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mirole

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Specific recommendations for a JA Krentz book Reply with quote

Hi all,

First, let me give you a little bit of a background.

I started reading romance two years ago and one of the first romances I read was JA Krentz's Silver Linings which I absolutely loved and it is to this day in my Top 5 all time romance.

After that I also read her most popular historical book Ravished and did not like it at all so no other books by Amanda Quick for me.

I also read an old JA Krentz title A Woman's Touch and I did not like it mostly because of the feisty heroine. What's more (and I know it's very weird), I now associate JA Krentz's heroines with her own image from the back cover where she actually look feisty, and it spoils any future books for me.

Can someone who had a similar reactions to mine (enjoyed Silver Linings mostly and [ideally] did not like Ravished) recommend some other contemporary books by the author but please NO PARANORMALS.

You see, I am not very much for feisty heroines and Mattie from Silver Linings was not, she was more sort of demure character whom I loved.

Any recommendations would be welcome, thanks all in advance.
Kayne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Specific recommendations for a JA Krentz book Reply with quote

My favorite Krentz is Trust Me. I don't consider the h to be feisty. It got a solid A review here that you might want to check out. I enjoyed the humor. Another favorite is Wildest Hearts that also got an A review and no feisty h IMO. I actually haven't read Silver Lining yet so thanks for recommending it.
mirole

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Kayne, I will check out these too books.

And I cannot recommend Silver Linings enough - it's a great romance and adventure, a very dynamic book.
Tinabelle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I associate JAK with strong, independent heroines but everyone's definition of "fiesty" is different. That said, here are a couple of my favorites from the 90's - her Golden Age IMHO.

Family Man
Perfect Partner
Wildest Hearts
Trust Me
Absolutely, Positively
chris booklover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of her novels from the 1980's are also among her best. I particularly enjoyed Gift of Gold, Gift of Fire, Midnight Jewels and Raven's Prey. I would not recommend Soft Focus (2000) since given your criteria I doubt whether you would enjoy it (I didn't, for several reasons).
Wendy AAR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reiterate all of Tinabelle's recs, and add a recent one of my own. All Night Long is only a couple of years old, but its now my all-time favorite Krentz. The heroine isn't feisty, but sensible and self-aware. Its a great mystery with a lot of humor, but the villain is pretty revolting.
mirole

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all you ladies for your recommendations.
Kayne

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Specific recommendations for a JA Krentz book Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the rec of silver Linings. It was fun, especially once I got past the H calling the h "babe". I noticed she has 4 books coming out this summer as rereleases. I just read her new one, Crystal Gardens and was wishing the h would go into the garden with some round up. I look forward to her new one in Sept.

mirole wrote:
Hi all,

First, let me give you a little bit of a background.

I started reading romance two years ago and one of the first romances I read was JA Krentz's Silver Linings which I absolutely loved and it is to this day in my Top 5 all time romance.
mirole

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad you liked it, Kayne.

I loved both the h and the H and the fact that he was so uncomplicated yet a very vividly written character.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: