AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new Shana Abe series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bethaboo

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: new Shana Abe series Reply with quote

Looks like this is a more YA spin on her popular Drakon series. First book is called The Sweetest Dark.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Sweetest-Dark-Shana-Abe/dp/0345531701/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335903443&sr=8-1
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She has taken so long to write this and then to find her going into YA territory. I love YA novels but I can't help but feel this was publisher encouraged.

At least now I know what she has been up to the last few years. Smile

maggie b.
xina

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love her earlier romances..The Truelove Bride, Promise of Rain and her first book in this series, The Smoke Thief. I really don't read much YA. I wish she would write another romance at some point, but the sales must be in YA at this time.
bethaboo

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree about the YA. . .and I wish I did not see the beginnings of a love triangle in the synopsis. It seems like nobody can write a YA anymore without a love triangle. I get that both Twilight and the HG (to some extent) have a love triangle but seriously. . .branch out!

still, I love the Smoke Thief series (though I did find them a bit uneven in the execution), and I am really hoping that this is good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: