AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie needing recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
honeybee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Cobbsouth! That's a terrific suggestion, and one I hadn't thought of. That would be the perfect bridge for where I am right now in my Dutch. I will definitely look for your books!
Cobbsouth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be of help! The English versions are out of print, but they're readily (and cheaply) available online. Here are the titles, along with their Dutch counterparts:

Don't Bet on Love/Hij is al leuk

Blame It on Love/Ik ben liever dan hij
--All About Romance on A DEAD BORE
honeybee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cobbsouth! I especially appreciate your including the Dutch titles. That's another interesting problem I have -- trying to figure out what title matches up with what book. It is a process that is sometimes amusing, sometimes baffling.

I would have never guessed that the Dutch would translate your titles the way they did.

Thanks again!
Cobbsouth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

honeybee wrote:
Thanks Cobbsouth! I especially appreciate your including the Dutch titles. That's another interesting problem I have -- trying to figure out what title matches up with what book. It is a process that is sometimes amusing, sometimes baffling.

I would have never guessed that the Dutch would translate your titles the way they did.

It can be...interesting, to say the least! One of my books was translated into French, and I can actually read bits and pieces of it--just enough to say, "I NEVER wrote that!"

And as for the cover designs--don't get me started! I think the Dutch covers are cute, but the Polish ones are hideous! I guess they've got marketing people there who know what will sell, but I'll have to admit, I can't see the appeal.
--All About Romance on A DEAD BORE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: