AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SOLVED - historical, rushed marriage, provocative dress,
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jenny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Xina and CG. Xina, I'll forward your suggestion.

An update on which books it is not:

Once A Princess by Johanna Lindsey
You Belong To Me by Johanna Lindsey
The Hawk And The Dove by Virginia Henley
Whitney, My love by Judith McNaught
Dancing At Midnight by Julia Quinn
Seized By Love by Susan Johnson
Forever In Your Embrace by Kathellen E Woodiwiss
The Beloved Scoundrel by Iris Johansen

I am still waiting for a yay or a nay for some other books that have been suggested here.

Thank you all.
Jenny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info that might help...

Quote:
Shannon Muniz says: I'm less than positive that part of the book is set in Russia but then moves to London. I remember the hero's aunt or maybe mother helping the heroine when she goes to attend the balls....it seems she encouraged her to dress provacatively to catch her husband's eye....I remember when he reached london, he sees her at a ball wearing a black? dress that covers up to her neck in the front and in the back has a large, very low V shaped cutout. I can't seem to remember why they got married quickly, but know that the hero was not pleased by the arrangement. I wish I remembered more!
Jenny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KayWebbHarrison wrote:
Parts of the description resemble two of the Delaney books by Iris Johansen: Wild Silver (May 1988) and Satin Ice (Nov 1988). The second is set mostly in Russia and has an evil mother-in-law. I also remember the inappropriate dress. However, I don't remember the hero being indifferent to the heroine.

Kay

Hi Kay,

Thank you for posting both here on romantictimes. The OP says that she checked and that those are not the book she is looking for.
Jenny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
I agree that it sounds like a Susan Johnson. I think there are 3 or 4 books in her Russian series. The one I am thinking (can't remember title, but will look it up today), the hero has slept with his mistress toward the end of the book, and the heroine is largely pregnant. What a guy! Sort of typical of heroes from early Johnson..here and there. They weren't all like that.

edited to add...Just looked it up and the book I was thinking of was, Sinful. That book is not a part of the Kuzan series (the Russian series). So, it's probably not the book I mentioned above. Sinful is #1 in the St. John series. There are 4 books in the Russian series. Three of the books are mentioned on Goodreads. I've read them all, but so long ago. Can't remember many details. good luck!

Thank you Xina. The OP says that is not it either.
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
KayWebbHarrison wrote:
Parts of the description resemble two of the Delaney books by Iris Johansen: Wild Silver (May 1988) and Satin Ice (Nov 1988). The second is set mostly in Russia and has an evil mother-in-law. I also remember the inappropriate dress. However, I don't remember the hero being indifferent to the heroine.

Kay

Hi Kay,

Thank you for posting both here on romantictimes. The OP says that she checked and that those are not the book she is looking for.

Thanks for letting me know.
Kay
Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Jenny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was SOLVED:

The book is The Copeland Bride by Justine Cole.

Thank you very much for trying to help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: