AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One for the Money movie
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: One for the Money movie Reply with quote

I will be the first one to admit I had serious reservations when I heard they were turning the Stephanie Plum series into a movie - especially when I heard Katherine Heigl would be playing Stephanie. But watching the trailer - I don't think it will be so bad.

At the very least it should help with the winter blahs. Looks like it will be out end of January, start of February

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2461703961/
KarenS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This trailer is a hoot! Thanks for posting it as I am looking forward to seeing it. I showed it to my daughter who is now interested in reading One for the Money.
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarenS wrote:
This trailer is a hoot! Thanks for posting it as I am looking forward to seeing it. I showed it to my daughter who is now interested in reading One for the Money.

It does look like a real hoot doesn't it? My two sisters and who have completely different taste in books all love this series. I know the sister who lives near me will be just as excited to see this as I am. And I predict once your daughter reads One for the Money, she will be hooked and want to read more and then think what great taste her mom has in reading material *g*
KarenS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing whether the actors live up to their characters. Ranger's actor looks hot and seems well casted. Katherine Heigl looks good as Stephanie. I didn't see enough of Joe's character to decide if I like him. Debbie Reynolds is ok as Grandma Mazur even though she still looks pretty good and glamorous.
KarenS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing the movie in just a few days!
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else see The View on Mon, 23 Jan? They did two segments on the film, with clips, and Heigl and Evanovich in person, in addition to Sherri Shepherd/aka Lula. JE said that she was most pleased with the film; she is as engaging in person as she is in print.

Kay

Last edited by KayWebbHarrison on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
xina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see Heigl interviewed on The Today Show and she said that she read the first book just to get an idea of Stephanie and ended up reading all but the last 2. I hope that is true, as I think that would give her an insight on Stephanie Plum and that she "gets" her. Really looking forward to the movie too!
Also, Al Roker is a big fan of Evanovich. He has read all the books and loves her humor. She certainly has a wide fan base.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed these interviews, darn! Xina I'm waiting on your review before I decide whether to go see it or wait for the dvd, lol

Xina, our local morning DJ was talking about how much he enjoyed the books, sounds like they are hits with men and women. Though I've gotten tired of them, they've given me many years of laughs!

Linda
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
I missed these interviews, darn!
Linda

To view the ones on The View, you can go to theview.com. They were on on Mon, 23 Jan.

Kay
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]Xina, our local morning DJ was talking about how much he enjoyed the books, sounds like they are hits with men and women. Though I've gotten tired of them, they've given me many years of laughs!
Quote:

I've two sister and we couldn't have more different tastes in books but we all love the Stephanie Plum books.

My husband was always a big reader - that's one of the things that attracted me to him. He was diagnosed with cancer and as it spread, it became more and more difficult for him to read. I suggested that I start reading to him. Our tastes were vastly different too but I thought of these books as they worked for my sisters and I. So every day I would read from 1:00 to 2:00.

I'm not sure why, but I started with Eleven on Top. Despite it being such a difficult time, during that hour every day when I read from that book, it was funny. There were times I had a hard time getting the words out I was laughing so hard. I wasn't sure how much my husband was enjoying them until one day I was busy doing something else and forgot about reading. About ten after 1 he asked if I was going to read that day and when I asked if he wanted me too he said of course.

We finished Eleven on Top and were 3 chapters into Twelve Sharp when he died, but the whole series will always have a special place in my heart now when I think of that hour every day when all else faded away and we laughed at the exploits of Stephanie and her wacky friends and family.
xina

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
I missed these interviews, darn! Xina I'm waiting on your review before I decide whether to go see it or wait for the dvd, lol

Xina, our local morning DJ was talking about how much he enjoyed the books, sounds like they are hits with men and women. Though I've gotten tired of them, they've given me many years of laughs!

Linda

I'll report back LInda! I just read a review, and it's not great, but I don't care. I'll form my own opinion.
As for the interview on The Today Show (I think with Hoda and Kathie) she mentioned that she loved the books (Heigl). I thought that was nice. I remember seeing an interview with Kate Hudson before Something Borrowed was released and whoever was interviewing her asked her if she liked the book by Emily Giffen. Hudson replied that, No..she didn't read THOSE kind of books. I remember thinking...what kind of books??They asked her what she was currently reading and I can't remember the title, but it was clearly a title to show that she was smarter than all that fluff. **bah**
xina

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristie(J) wrote:
[/

My husband was always a big reader - that's one of the things that attracted me to him. He was diagnosed with cancer and as it spread, it became more and more difficult for him to read. I suggested that I start reading to him. Our tastes were vastly different too but I thought of these books as they worked for my sisters and I. So every day I would read from 1:00 to 2:00.

I'm not sure why, but I started with Eleven on Top. Despite it being such a difficult time, during that hour every day when I read from that book, it was funny. There were times I had a hard time getting the words out I was laughing so hard. I wasn't sure how much my husband was enjoying them until one day I was busy doing something else and forgot about reading. About ten after 1 he asked if I was going to read that day and when I asked if he wanted me too he said of course.

We finished Eleven on Top and were 3 chapters into Twelve Sharp when he died, but the whole series will always have a special place in my heart now when I think of that hour every day when all else faded away and we laughed at the exploits of Stephanie and her wacky friends and family.
[/quote]

Thanks for sharing that Kristie. *sniff* It put tears in my eyes. I'm glad you can look at the series with such fondness. Evanovich has a unique sense of humor, and I can see where those books could lift you up bit when you need it.
Katie (kat)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the movie today and really liked it! Very Happy Yes, the books are much better but I enjoyed the movie. Katherine Heigl did a decent job as Stephanie and I loved the guy who played Morelli! I have seen him in other things (Life On Mars) and wasn't a fan so I was pleasantly suprised I liked him so much as Joe. Very Happy

The only 2 complaints I have are the casting of Ranger & Grandma Mazur. The guy who played Ranger didn't, imho, understand the character and that was a big disapointment. To a lesser degree I wasn't in love with Debbie Reyonolds. She's great but I don't think she was right for this role.

Anyway, it was a fun, happy movie and I will be buying the DVD when it comes out. Smile
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristie(J) wrote:
Quote:

I've two sister and we couldn't have more different tastes in books but we all love the Stephanie Plum books.

[/quote]

Kristie, is this your story? It's very sweet! *sniff*

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katie (kat) wrote:
I saw the movie today and really liked it! Very Happy Yes, the books are much better but I enjoyed the movie. Katherine Heigl did a decent job as Stephanie and I loved the guy who played Morelli! I have seen him in other things (Life On Mars) and wasn't a fan so I was pleasantly suprised I liked him so much as Joe. Very Happy

The only 2 complaints I have are the casting of Ranger & Grandma Mazur. The guy who played Ranger didn't, imho, understand the character and that was a big disapointment. To a lesser degree I wasn't in love with Debbie Reyonolds. She's great but I don't think she was right for this role.

Anyway, it was a fun, happy movie and I will be buying the DVD when it comes out. Smile

Thanks for your review! Interesting that you like the Joe character! I bet the Ranger one didn't read the book..

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: