AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Historical Romance Author Interview with Holly Bush

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holly Bush

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Historical Romance Author Interview with Holly Bush Reply with quote

Author & Filmmaker Magda Olchawska interviewed me when my historical romance, Romancing Olive, was published.

Short Bio:
I grew up in a home surrounded by books and cut my reading teeth on Nancy Drew, Agnes Sligh Turnbull and John Jakes. I am happily married with two children and live in Lancaster County in the eastern part of Pennsylvania, USA.

When and why did you begin writing?

I recently found 10 or so handwritten pages of what appears to be the beginning of an Spy type thriller novel from years ago. I had forgotten completely about it. Quite a few years passed between that attempt and the writing of my first novel. As for the ‘why’, I just kept seeing characters in my head, odd as that may sound, and they had a story to tell.

What made you decide to self-publish?

I have been writing seriously for the last fifteen years and admittedly the first few were about learning the subtleties of a book like arc and theme as well as reviewing some structure basics.

For the past twelve years I have been actively working to place one of my books with an agent or a

publisher. I have done many of the things suggested to help authors immerse themselves in their craft by working with professional editors, hosting writer’s groups and attending writer’s conferences. I have written too many queries to count and had little success.

On the positive side, I’ve built up a group of readers who really like my work and my writing. E-readers have brought a drastic change to the publishing industry by removing some of the stigma attached to self-published works and giving writers the opportunity to bypass the gatekeepers (publishers and agents) and go directly to the public. I see self-publishing as the only viable way to get my books to the readers that want them.

Read the entire interview http://www.hollybushbooks.com/reviews__interviews/author_interview
Follow Holly Bush on Twitter at http://twitter.com/hollybushbooks

Interviewer Magda Olchawska's website
http://www.magdaolchawska.com/interviews
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Writer's News Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: