AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please digitize this book!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissRubyJones

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the Kathleen Gilles Seidel, and the many posts for Judith Ivory/Judy Cuevas' books.

I'd also like to see more of Theresa Weir's books available, but I think they must be on the way, since a few have already appeared.

And Elisabeth Fairchild, Nancy Butler, and some of the other trad Regencies from way back.

Also, since we're on this subject, I've seen that Harlequin is making many titles from the 80s and 90s available, but so far, I've not seen any of the Silhouette Shadows or Dreamscapes from the 90s that were my first introduction to series romance. I really wish they'd digitize these, too, because I don't remember many of the ones I read (aside from Anne Stuart's "Break the Night," which was so wonderful that I had unrealistic expectations that were never fulfilled for the rest of the Shadows/Dreamscapes series, lol), and I'd like to see them again for curiosity's sake Laughing
Wendy AAR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the early regencies by Edith Layton, Laura London, and Candace Hern ebooked. Also, everything ever written by Maggie Osborn. Linda Howard's Silhouette Desires (all but the first couple). Kristin Hannah's early historical romances, the Rainbow Season/Promise by Lisa Gregory, Carla Kelly's entire backlist, Susanna Kearsley's older novels, Dara Joy's "familiar" books that she self-published and Risen Glory by SEP. Shana Abe's older books, Susan Andersen's older books, Rachel Gibson's older books, and Suzanne Robinson's would go a long way toward emptying my keeper shelves, also.
luteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: ebook Reply with quote

Another vote for Patricia Veryan. Also Edith Layton and Judith Lansdowne esp. her Just... series.
Jane A

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wendydfw wrote:
I'd like to see the early regencies by Edith Layton, Laura London, and Candace Hern ebooked. Also, everything ever written by Maggie Osborn. Linda Howard's Silhouette Desires (all but the first couple). Kristin Hannah's early historical romances, the Rainbow Season/Promise by Lisa Gregory, Carla Kelly's entire backlist, Susanna Kearsley's older novels, Dara Joy's "familiar" books that she self-published and Risen Glory by SEP. Shana Abe's older books, Susan Andersen's older books, Rachel Gibson's older books, and Suzanne Robinson's would go a long way toward emptying my keeper shelves, also.

You can find Candice Hern's regency titles at Smashwords and elsewhere. Dara Joy's familiar books are at all the usual places, too. I just noticed that Susan Andersen's Exposure is now an ebook, too. Look on Inkmesh.com for digital releases on some of these, there may be more out there than you think!
MEK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xina mentioned Linda Howard's Duncan's Bride in an earlier post. I would love this book as an ebook. Its one of my favorite rereads, and about a month ago a misplaced my copy. I finally found it under a sofa!
Eggletina

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought of another one. I've been hoping more of Katherine Sutcliffe's would be reissued as eBooks. Not sure what is in the works for her, though.
xina

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEK wrote:
Xina mentioned Linda Howard's Duncan's Bride in an earlier post. I would love this book as an ebook. Its one of my favorite rereads, and about a month ago a misplaced my copy. I finally found it under a sofa!

Yay! So much better than finding dust bunnies! Another one...Truly, Madly Yours by Rachel Gibson. I had the urge to reread and found that it is one of the few (or maybe the only) books by this author that isn't in e-book form. Seems like a cruel joke to leave the best one out. I had to go out and buy a paper copy. Couldn't find mine. (I should check under my couch)
robiform

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Yes! Judith McNaught's historicals. I really wish these books were digital. A few more...One Fine Day by Theresa Weir
Midnight Rainbow, Diamond Bay and Duncan's Bride by Linda Howard.

xina, I totally agree with you about the books by Linda Howard that you mentioned. Oddly enough, after too many years, Midnight Rainbow and Diamond Bay were re-issued in paperback in a two-fer volume last year. (The title of the two-fer book is "Trouble"--kind of silly, IMHO!)

I don't know if Dorothy Dunnett's Lymond Chronicles is available digitally--when the books were re-issued a few years ago, I bought them and they're still in good condition. If they aren't available digitally, they should be!
PWNN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunnett's Lymond and Niccolo series are both available in e-book form.
Eggletina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed on Amazon today that Kindles are now showing for several of Anya Seton's books. However, it strikes me as odd that the edition dates are the original publisher dates. Just wondering if anyone noticed this and has tried them? I don't want to buy one and find out it's badly edited or not legitimate.
veasleyd1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the Carole Nelson Douglas group on groups.yahoo.com. She is working on getting her older titles ready to become e-books. That is, she's doing the work itself. From her description of the process, it's quite a lot of work when an author doesn't already have the manuscript in some kind of electronic format.
MissRubyJones

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Yes! Judith McNaught's historicals. I really wish these books were digital. A few more...One Fine Day by Theresa Weir

Good news, xina! One Fine Day is available:
http://www.amazon.com/One-Fine-Day-Theresa-Weir/dp/0553563785/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1352472510&sr=8-11&keywords=theresa+weir
xina

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissRubyJones wrote:
xina wrote:

Good news, xina! One Fine Day is available:
http://www.amazon.com/One-Fine-Day-Theresa-Weir/dp/0553563785/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1352472510&sr=8-11&keywords=theresa+weir

Thank-you! Yes...I downloaded it as soon as it came out, just as I have with all of her books. They are treasures. Smile

Now...I'd like to see the McNaught and Howard books available. Let me know if you see them before I do.
MissRubyJones

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thank-you! Yes...I downloaded it as soon as it came out, just as I have with all of her books. They are treasures. Smile

Now...I'd like to see the McNaught and Howard books available. Let me know if you see them before I do.

More the moron me, I didn't realize this was an old thread. That I had posted to already, lol... Embarassed
Tinabelle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a fantasy that all of my old favorites will be digitized. Some I have paper copies of and some I don't, but I am so used to reading on my Kindle now that anything else feels so awkward!

Slowly, but surely, many older titles are finding their way into digital format. I keep checking my favorites in hopes that they'll be available. And sometimes I am thrilled to see that is the case. I am currently glomming all of Carla Kelly and Mary Ballogh's backlist trads. I would like to see the early works by Judith McNaught, Christina Skye, Catherine Coulter, Shirlee Busbee, and the Curtises digitized among others. I would also love to see some of the old categories from Loveswept and Silhouette show up in an ebook format. I also have a list of older mysteries that I am waiting for. What I hate is when only part of a series is digitzed and that leaves you hanging. Many authors such as Marsha Canham have been self-publishing their old OOP titles which is great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: