AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with an essay:)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joanna89

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Help with an essay:) Reply with quote

Hey readers!! I need some help from you. I am final year student and as a part of my course I do fans module where we learn why people become fans, followers of particular fan's object. For our assignment we need to write an essay about chosen fans group. As I am an active romance reader I thought I could use my fan experience to help me write a good essay but I also need other people opinions! The thing I would like to find out from you is why do you read romances? What do you make of this reading and how it makes you feel? Why do you think you have chosen this over another literature?

Hope to get many responds!Smile
Please I really need your help!

Joanna xx
JudyZ6666

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with an essay:) Reply with quote

Joanna89 wrote:

Hey readers!! I need some help from you. I am final year student and as a part of my course I do fans module where we learn why people become fans, followers of particular fan's object. For our assignment we need to write an essay about chosen fans group. As I am an active romance reader I thought I could use my fan experience to help me write a good essay but I also need other people opinions! The thing I would like to find out from you is why do you read romances? What do you make of this reading and how it makes you feel? Why do you think you have chosen this over another literature?

Joanna xx

For this topic, have you read the book "Loving With A Vengeance" by Tania Modleski? It's an older book (1982), so you have to keep that in mind, but she studied romance readers, Gothic novel readers, and soap opera fans, and discusses WHY those things appeal to women. I had to read this for my literary theory class in grad school (I loved that prof <g>).

There's also another book on this topic that I have but need to read, but it might also be appropriate: "Dangerous Men and Adventurous Women: Romance Writers on the Appeal of the Romance," ed. Jayne Ann Krentz.

Judy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: