AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kindle/Nook question for eBook newbie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Kindle/Nook question for eBook newbie Reply with quote

Can you categorize your books on the Kindle or Nook? Contemps / historical / mysteries or are they listed straight Author or title when loaded?

Also, can you password or lock a book? I read some erotica and I wouldn't want my kid to be playing with my ereader and open up. That would be a big woops.

Thanks for any help. I'm getting ready to make my eReader purchase soon. Very Happy
______
June
PWNN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can categorize them by genre. On the Nook it's done on device by shelves and books can be on multiple shelves if they fit in more than one category. With the latest Nook I think you can also see the books in folder view if that's how dragged and dropped them on the device and the folders can be by author, genre etc.

The Kindle has collections and from what I know second hand and using the PC ap they can be done on the Amazon website or on the device and you can group them any way you want.

The Nook has the option for a purchasing password and a device password but not for individual books. You can always delete the books from your device (via archiving - not permanent deletion from your account otherwise you have to re buy it) and then re download them later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: