AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pan Am -- and new fall shows in general
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KarenS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I like Pan Am I was disappointed in the recent episode where they landed in Haiti to seek medical care for a sick passenger. It wasn't realistic. A captain would not choose to land at a closed airport in a country undergoing a civil war and endangering his passenger's lives in an attempt to save one.
It was definitely high drama with all the problems they encountered. There were also a lot of 21st century values in the episode that were out of place. Did enjoy the camaraderie of the stewardesses at the end when they each admitted to doing the humanitarian deed.
library addict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though not officially cancelled, NBC has shut down production on Prime Suspect. The show has improved a lot since the pilot, but I can't say I am surprised. I liked the actors more than the scripts.
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked in on the sci-fi/fantasy shows I am following. For the latest news on who is going to make it and who isn't :

Once Upon A Time
is totally safe at this point. It's a hit with solid numbers and an audience loyalty of 93%. Excellent!

Terra Nova is doing OK. It would be in the safe zone if not for the cost. No word yet on whether Fox will renew but it is not on the chopping block yet.

Grimm has high fan loyalty but not that of the network

Quote:
Yet, the series has really been nothing but good news for NBC. It was the network's fifth highest-rated show this week, behind "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," "Harry's Law" and two episodes of "The Biggest Loser." It's also ahead of NBC's other new shows, including "Up All Night" and the soon-to-be-axed "Prime Suspect."

Sadly, NBC isn't going to provide the show much support. It still has to deal with a poor lead-in from "Chuck," this week having to add 62 percent to its total. And when "Chuck" goes away just after mid-season, it will have to fare with reality programming in the form of "Who Do You Think You Are?" which has never been much of a ratings winner itself.

I feared this as NBC sees a winner so rarely their knee jerk reaction is to cancel it and replace it with a news show. How the heck are those execs holding on to their jobs?

Top Network Genre Shows, Week of Nov. 13 -- [Audience Loyalty Index rating]

1. (1) Once Upon a Time (ABC) 6.8/10 [93.2]

2. (2) Terra Nova (Fox) 4.1/6 [78.5]

3. (3) Grimm (NBC) 3.4/6 [87.2]

4. (5) Chuck (NBC) 2.1/4 [96.6]

5. (6) Fringe (Fox) 1.8/3 [93.2]

6. (Cool Supernatural (CW) 0.9/1 [90.7]

maggie b.
library addict

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read that ABC has given Pan Am's timeslot to a mid-season replacement starting in March.
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

library addict wrote:
Read that ABC has given Pan Am's timeslot to a mid-season replacement starting in March.

That's sad but not surprising. I wonder what about this show didn't connect with viewers?

Terra Nova is being totally panned by critics and also the folks at TV without Pity. I agree with some of the criticisms - the show is trying to be too much to too many.

maggie b.
library addict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggie b. wrote:

Terra Nova is being totally panned by critics and also the folks at TV without Pity. I agree with some of the criticisms - the show is trying to be too much to too many.

maggie b.
I agree it can be cheesy, but for the most part I am enjoying it. And it's nice to have a show that can appeal to all ages. Not many shows can be watched by the whole family nowadays.

I liked the twist in this week's episode and that they are finally providing some answers.

I'll be surprised if Fox renews it given their bottom-line mentality. But if it is released on DVD I will buy it.
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

library addict wrote:

I liked the twist in this week's episode and that they are finally providing some answers.

I'll be surprised if Fox renews it given their bottom-line mentality. But if it is released on DVD I will buy it.

That's pretty much my thinking too.

maggie b.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: