AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please digitize this book!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Please digitize this book! Reply with quote

I've been trying to find some of my old favorites (that are in terrible shape) in e-book form. At the top of my list is Red Adam's Lady by Grace Ingram. To get a new copy would be expensive, although I did shell out for a Nook so why do I hesitate? Because I don't trust that any copy out there will hold up to repeated readings. Shocked Others I'd like to get in e-book are The Kilternan Legacy by Anne McCaffrey and Mixed Company by Marian Cockrell. What books would you like to see in e-book form?
Jane A

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Please digitize this book! Reply with quote

AndyR wrote:
I've been trying to find some of my old favorites (that are in terrible shape) in e-book form. At the top of my list is Red Adam's Lady by Grace Ingram.

This one is at the very top of my list, too!! I do have the paper copy, but I'd love to have an e-copy, too. Other books I'd love to see digitized are Elizabeth Stuart's Bride of the Lion and Patricia Veryan's books. That's a start, I know there are more.

I recently heard of a place called 1DollarScan, where they will scan your books for you. But they don't return your book and I'm not sure of the format of the scanned copy you get back. I'm sure not willing to sacrifice my copy of Red Adam's Lady!
Nicole

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Judith Ivory's the Dance to be turned into a e book. It's so hard to find and a used copy can go for around $20. I refuse to spend the money and buy one from Amazon because the second I do they will be selling the ebook for $0.99. (This happened to be with Conor's Way by Laura Lee Guhrke.)
MEK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judith McNaught's books are not out in ebook form. There is even a thread or two about it on Amazon. Major sales opportunity here!
Jessi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon has a button saying "please tell the publisher to make this available on Kindle" - and I press the heck out of that button for dozens of books I want digitized.

I have written amazon a suggestion that they EMAIL ME when a book for which I have pushed that button does become available - but only got an automated "thanks for the advice" type response. Personally doing this seems like a no-brainer to sell books to me, but whatev.
xina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Judith McNaught's historicals. I really wish these books were digital. A few more...One Fine Day by Theresa Weir
Midnight Rainbow, Diamond Bay and Duncan's Bride by Linda Howard.
Vol Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want the old classic's as ebooks. Such as: Angelique by Sergeanne Golon, Celia Garth and Jubilee Trail by Gwen Bristow, Dawn's Early Light by Elswyth Thane, Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor, and even Sweet Savage Love by Rosemary Rogers and Stormfire by Christine Monson. Plus The Raging Winds of Heaven by June Lund Shiplett, which is one of my all time favorite books.

These older books are becoming harder and harder to find in a UBS and also the local library. I have started ordering some of them from Amazon, but I'd much rather have them on my kindle.
Eggletina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, would like to see those older books digitized.

Many of Lavyrle Spencer's are available as ebooks, but I'm still waiting on Hummingbird. I haven't read that one but would like to. Am waiting on and hoping for the Kindle.

I'm also hoping some of Anya Seton's books will eventually have digital editions.
Leigh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathleen Gilles Seidel, Joan Wolf's prehistoric (can't remember the names). .
Vol Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggletina wrote:
I, too, would like to see those older books digitized.

Many of Lavyrle Spencer's are available as ebooks, but I'm still waiting on Hummingbird. I haven't read that one but would like to. Am waiting on and hoping for the Kindle.

I'm also hoping some of Anya Seton's books will eventually have digital editions.

YES! Hummingbird is one of my favorites by her. I've kept a print one, but I too, would love to have it on my kindle!
jaime

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish The Windflower by Sharon and Tom Curtis was available as an e-book.

Also some of these notorious eighties rapemances which I want to read out of curiosity.
PWNN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto to The Patricia Veryan books - in particular her Georgiann series.

Dinah Dean: everything but above all her her Russian Trads. Brilliant but soo expensive on the used market and my collection is incomplete.

Mary Balogh: Her backlist is making it's way into the light but considering how large it is it's too slow. I'd love to see the release of not only her trads but her longer darker 90s books - Longing, Beyond The Sunrise, Truly, Heartless, Indiscreet etc
Jane A

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leigh wrote:
Kathleen Gilles Seidel, Joan Wolf's prehistoric (can't remember the names). .

Joan Wolf's prehistoric books are available as ebooks! I've snapped them up already. They are published DRM free by Belgrave House and I got mine from Fictionwise.
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another yes for Patricia Veyan's books and Dance and Bliss by Judith Ivory. I'm slowly trying to get all my faves as ebooks. Can you imagine having all your top faves in one place with you at all times. But I mentioned somewhere else I'm sure, that some of them are ridiculously priced and there's not a chance I will ever get them.

I really like it when the rights return to the authors instead of staying with the publishers. That's when we readers can get their ebooks at great prices.
Terese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Bride of the McHugh, Myu Lord Monleigh and My enemy, My Love by Jan Cox Speas? I think they are being re-issued in trade paperback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: