AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our pets--sharing stories and photos...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
So excited, I think I will be picking out a new Pug puppy tomorrow! Very Happy

Linda

Ah, fun! Pictures. We want to see the new baby.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a lot of time last night looking at ads for pups within a couple hour radius, we decided to go for a girl but if we were going to get a boy it would be this one -

http://blacksburg.ebayclassifieds.com/dogs-puppies/wytheville/purebred-ckc-pug-puppy-super-cute-dont-miss-this-great-gift/?ad=14569498&msg=OUT_OF_AREA

Have you ever seen anything cuter? I think not, lol

This is where we're going today, I'm taking my mom along because it will be a 2 1/2 hour car ride and she can hold the puppy during the trip home.

http://dogwebs.net/ssmithkennels/

Linda
Tee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with xina on this, Linda. Don't forget to take pictures and post them. And how is your other pug doing? Wasn't he sick sometime back? Are things much better for him now? And I'm assuming Ranger is coming along well also. I know his healing time has been slow and test results have shown there are still some issues, but he seemed rather steady.
xina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sweet! Makes me want another pup. I've never been brave enough to have 3 dogs. Sad But, Linda we want pictures!
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xina, I've had 3 before, it's a lot of work! We used to have an American Eskimo that passed away a couple years ago. Ranger mostly is very independent though, he likes to stay outside most of the day and sleeps in the house at night.

I'll catch up on Ranger and Bell first. Ranger is doing great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good news when they test him again in December. I notice now when he chases the frisbee he'll jump up so high all 4 legs come off the ground, so hopefully this is a sign that the Lyme is not bothering his joints anymore.

Bells had a bout with Pancreatitus but is doing much better now, on a special diet, permanently I think. Here is is with our son in PetSmart.

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On to puppy shopping! She's a girl and her name is Lucy! She is tiny, it doesn't show in pics but when I put her on the floor I can't believe how small she is. They said her mother only got to be about 10lbs so she's going to be a small pug.

My mom is hiding behind her, lol

Pug puppies one day old!

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...so cute! I love the name too...Lucy. Very sweet. Puppies are so much fun and a lot of work. You will have to let us know how Ranger and Belle like her. Oh..and I love how your Mom is hiding behind Lucy...LOL...in the one picture she (Lucy) looks like she has a ton of hair! Have fun. I love the puppy days!
Tee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How cute, Linda. And I agree--Lucy is a great name. Good luck. Hope your first night is a good one. They learn rather quickly, though.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night went fine, she was pretty konked out from all that adventure. Hopefully tonight will go just as well. I'm pretty exhausted right now! LOL When I took her out to potty we had a cold wind and she was shaking like a leaf so I took her to Petsmart today to get a winter coat, too cute.

Lucy and Bell -

Linda
Tee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That second picture of the both of them is especially cute. Good luck tonight.
Tee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received these photos in an email yesterday and my first thought was to share with all you animal lovers here.

These are black deer and they are called melanistic--the opposite of albino. Pictures were taken near Beamsville ONT, Canada. Black deer are more rare than albinos.

Niftybergin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this will work or not. It's a video my friend took last night of Bandit.

Siberian Huskies talk. They particularly like to talk to each other. Bandit and I live alone, so with me, he's more quiet than not, but if I ever watch a video that shows ANOTHER Siberian talking, then he will howl along. (Imagine what it used to be like when all 4 of my brother's Siberians were alive, and I would visit with Bandit and my parents would be there with Bandit's sister, Zoey. Crazy-loud!!)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v738/Niftybergin/?action=view&current=IMG_2178.mp4
Tee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard that before; that was incredible. They definitely have their own language. Thanks for sharing that Niftybergin.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
I received these photos in an email yesterday and my first thought was to share with all you animal lovers here.

These are black deer and they are called melanistic--the opposite of albino. Pictures were taken near Beamsville ONT, Canada. Black deer are more rare than albinos.

Tee, those are gorgeous pictures! I've never seen a black deer or even knew they existed. Very cool!

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niftybergin wrote:
I don't know if this will work or not. It's a video my friend took last night of Bandit.

Siberian Huskies talk. They particularly like to talk to each other. Bandit and I live alone, so with me, he's more quiet than not, but if I ever watch a video that shows ANOTHER Siberian talking, then he will howl along. (Imagine what it used to be like when all 4 of my brother's Siberians were alive, and I would visit with Bandit and my parents would be there with Bandit's sister, Zoey. Crazy-loud!!)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v738/Niftybergin/?action=view&current=IMG_2178.mp4

What a riot, that's adorable!!

The other day at Walmart, this guy had a pickup truck and out the back he had this Siberian Husky puppy, lying on the cement, no water. And a sign that said 'for sale by owner', it made me so sad I nearly cried. I wanted to take that puppy and give it a home where it was wanted and loved but I couldn't.

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14

Jump to: