AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Astonishing! DWTS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlotta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to see any of them go home but I think it was time for Chaz to go. I'm glad that Max and olympic girl was safe, can't think of her name....maybe Hope...anyway, the way he blew his top I was worried they might go home. I think my favorite is JR.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlotta wrote:
I hate to see any of them go home but I think it was time for Chaz to go. I'm glad that Max and olympic girl was safe, can't think of her name....maybe Hope...anyway, the way he blew his top I was worried they might go home. I think my favorite is JR.

Hi Carlotta! JR is my favorite too, I hope he wins. I was worried about Hope as well because of Maks disagreement with the judges but looks like she's safe for another week. I predict the final three to be Rob, Rikki and JR, no surprise, lol

Linda
dick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agreed with some of the points Maks made--especially about the animal and other odd comparisons the judges make. At the same time, Hope's (?) dancing doesn't get much beyond OK, IMO. (I didn't see the dance in which the contretemps occurred, though; I'm commenting on previous episodes.)
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Dick, I agree with you both on Maks and on Hope's dancing. I do think sometimes the judges are disrespectful and they also don't hold each contestant to the same standards. Carrie Ann has said that they score on a curve according to what they think a contestant's potential is, rather than holding everyone on even ground. I think that leaves lots of room to play favorites.

I've said it before, I think they have always shown favoritism towards Derek, it gets a little tiring. JR has several times danced better than Rikki Lake but the either score him lower or even. Carrie Ann's comment that the little bit of humor in the Pink Panther routine wasn't needed really threw me. Has she never watched The Pink Panther?

Anyway, like Maks I'm venting, lol

Linda
Meg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been a fan of Maks' for awhile especially this season ...his ego and arrogance is getting in the way of the competition (maybe because he was The Bachelor in his home country and how far Kirstie Alley went last season).

I definitely thought he crossed the line with his remarks to Len/judges....and not just this season. It was unprofessional and disrespectful. Where would Maks be without DWTS in terms of visibility?? I doubt Julianne would have a singing/movie career nor would Maks' dancing studios do so well. Frankly, Maks shouldn't be invited back for a few seasons.

It was very painful watching Hope...it was one of her worst performances. She reminded me of Shannon Elizabeth (paired with Derek). But Maks should take some of the blame...when I watch the practice scenes, it doesn't appear that his heart is really into it.

I know most are not a fan of Derek's but he is still the best choreographer of the bunch. Rikki and J.R. are the ones to beat. I was afraid that Chaz would be another Bristol Palin where he would get the votes just to make a statement and go onto the finals.

Too bad Kristin got voted off so soon...she had much potential especially her last dance.

Meg

[/i]
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meg, what surprises me is that was the very first time I've actually enjoyed watching Hope dance, I thought she did a beautiful job. So it was a shocker to see her get such harsh critisim. I like Maks and I like Hope but watching her dance for most of this season has not been enjoyable. So, I do disagree that the dance was horrible, though I'm no technical expert, I only know that what I saw for the first time I liked.

Derek is very good at choreo, no question, one of the best. I just think the show and judges suck up to him and for that reason I tend not to root for him. I think I'd rather see Maks return than Derek for another season and I really would like to see Tristan asked back, love him! Could not stand Mak's brother Val, please don't bring him back..

Oh and to finish it off, I miss Cason! Very Happy

Linda
Meg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda,

I too agree about Tristan! He is hot! I don't think he's enjoying his partnership with Nancy Grace but he is handling it very diplomatically ... similar to Tony when he had Kate Gosselin. Poor Mak's brother with Clooney's ex---who would have thought he would go for such a diva!

I definitely miss Carson Kressley. I never cared for him on Oprah, but he just adds an uplifting spirit to the show this season.

For me, if you showed early potential, then by week 6 there should be definite progression. I found Hope to be very inconsistent. When the dance requires her to show her sexy/feminine side, it seems like she freezes up. The rumba has always been one of the most difficult dance and it was just painful to watch her. Her best dances were the jive and the other waltz/foxtrot.

I'm going to enjoy every minute of watching Derek's choreography while I can. Like his sister, I think he will be moving on soon.

Personally, I have a real problem when seasoned professionals try to insert their personalities on the show. Mark Ballast likes to push the envelope. He knows the some of the judges won't go for it. The choreography might show his creativity but it hurts his partner's effort when the judges downgrade the score. Mark and Maks have become a little too chippy with the judges for my personal tastes. And I hate the eyerolling which is just as disrespectful (Anna). It's like watching a teenager's reaction when being scolded. I expect a "whatever" next.

Meg
dick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Derek does get a bit of latitude because he is such a good choreographer. He always manages to choreograph to the strengths of the person he's paired with as well as teach them how to make the most of those strengths. And he almost never fails to choreograph in such a way that one can recognize that the dance is what he and his partner are supposed to be dancing--i.e., a rhumba, a fox-trot, etc.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dick wrote:
I think Derek does get a bit of latitude because he is such a good choreographer. He always manages to choreograph to the strengths of the person he's paired with as well as teach them how to make the most of those strengths. And he almost never fails to choreograph in such a way that one can recognize that the dance is what he and his partner are supposed to be dancing--i.e., a rhumba, a fox-trot, etc.

You're right Dick, I shouldn't dislike him as I do but I can't seem to help myself, lol. I can see the point that it might be a waste to pair him with someone like Bristol Palin or Kate ..what's her last name. But on the other hand I think he's due to put some time in for that.

Meg, I love Anna's facial expressions! It's my favorite thing about her, she's so animated. I love her sense of humor about it all, she's my favorite female pro. Very Happy

Fingers crossed Tristan will be back next season! I have the feeling Maks might not be asked back, I will miss him if not, I liked what he brought to the whole set up. They need varying personalities to keep it interesting.

Linda
Meg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dick wrote:
I think Derek does get a bit of latitude because he is such a good choreographer. He always manages to choreograph to the strengths of the person he's paired with as well as teach them how to make the most of those strengths.

I totally agree, Dick. One of the few that Derek failed with was Shannon Elizabeth. Hope reminds me of her...both couldn't let go of their inhibitions. Unlike JR when he smoked the dance floor two weeks ago with the Samba after Karina took him to a Carnivale-like club.

Meg
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you all think of last night's show? I didn't think anyone did very well, it was disappointing. I predict Nancy or David will go but am ready to see Maks and Hope put out of their misery.

The costumes were the bright spot!

Linda
dick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dislike interpretative dances, so I found very little to please. All of the dances seemed klunky to me. I thought J.R's (?) dance looked surprisingly awkward.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dick wrote:
I dislike interpretative dances, so I found very little to please. All of the dances seemed klunky to me. I thought J.R's (?) dance looked surprisingly awkward.

I agree, wonder what happened? It seemed maybe Karina toughened up her teaching style and maybe that's why.

Linda
Meg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What stood out in the individual dance was Rob Kardashian's paso. It was his best dance of the competition.

I always enjoyed the group dances. For the life of me, I could not really spot the individual flaws in Team Tango after Len said they were all a disaster. Loved Team Paso.

I was waiting to see Maks/Hope in front of the judges and he said not a word. But was it only me who thought there was a meanness to Maks during their practice sessions? She practiced better with Teddy and Derek (after Maks stormed out of the team practice).

I think it's time for Nancy Grace to exit although she seemed to have more fun last night than other weeks.

Meg
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meg wrote:
I was waiting to see Maks/Hope in front of the judges and he said not a word. But was it only me who thought there was a meanness to Maks during their practice sessions? She practiced better with Teddy and Derek (after Maks stormed out of the team practice).

Yes, there was a meanness to him. I think he's feeling defensive right now and has a chip on his shoulder. I love my arrogant Russian but he needs a time out, so much negativity.

The thing about losing Nancy is that we'll lose Tristan! I hear there are a lot of folks that have been voting for this couple just to keep him on. Hopefully he'll be back next year!

I thought the judges were more careful to be positive and have their criticism constructive last night so at least some good came of it all.

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: