AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm back!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diane Farr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: I'm back!! Reply with quote

To all my friends and readers at AAR:

Thank you for your interest - your kind wishes - and your patience! I am, at long last, beginning a new phase of my career. I'm in the process of getting my rights back to most of my Signet Regencies and historicals, and will be bringing them out in e-book form and in print again. Already out: PLAYING TO WIN, which is basically the "director's cut" of FAIR GAME ... it includes a scene or two that I had to remove, originally, to fit the short-form Signet Regency. FAIR GAME was one of my Rita finalists, so I'm very excited to make this book available again.

I've also trotted out DASHING THROUGH THE SNOW, a spruced-up edition of RECKLESS MISS RIPLEY (which was part of the REGENCY CHRISTMAS EVE anthology). It's out in e-book form, and I hope to put the print version on sale in another week or two.

So there you have it! I'll keep you posted as more books come out. And yes, I am working on new stuff too. I have had surprising (to me, anyway) success with my WICKED COOL, which is a YA paranormal. I'm finishing up a sequel for that, and then ... if there seems to be enough interest in the Regencies ... I may write a little of both!

Here's a link to my Amazon page, if you'd like to check it out: http://www.amazon.com/Diane-Farr/e/B000APO0CY/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1

Sorry for the long post! I'm just ... ::sniff!!:: ... so happy to be back. I've missed you all!

best wishes and happy reading,
Diane
Susan/DC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Welcome Back Reply with quote

Can I just say that I'm very happy to hear this -- your name is one I always mention when there is a discussion of authors we miss. I loved so many of your earlier books that they sit firmly on my keeper shelves, and it makes me happy to know that there is hope for new ones to add to my Diane Farr collection. I don't yet have an e-reader, but if ebooks are the only way to get your stuff, I may be forced (forced!) to download them to my PC.
MMcA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always forget to check this board...

That's great. I've trotted across to Amazon.co.uk and treated myself to both. Very Happy (Wicked Cool, I already have.)

I completely agree with Susan that you're an author who is missed - the two parts of your star trilogy are among my favourite regencies.
Diane Farr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Thank you!! Reply with quote

You just made my morning! Thank you, both of you!

I have the rights back to DUEL OF HEARTS, too, and finally - last night - after hunting frantically among my old floppies, I found the file. So I'll be dusting that one off, too! I'm very tempted to rename it, since I always thought DUEL OF HEARTS was kinda silly. But maybe I should let it go. I wouldn't want to annoy readers by accidentally tricking them into thinking it was a new book.

Maybe I should ask opinions over on another message board. You can always trust the folks at AAR to give you their unvarnished opinion!

Susan, I am putting the books out in print, as well - and they are beautiful editions, I must say. Bright white paper, glossy covers, readable fonts. But they are not nearly as cheap as the e-books, for obvious reasons! PLAYING TO WIN is out, but I am waiting to put DASHING THROUGH THE SNOW up for sale because the way I interpret my contract, I don't have the rights to do that until I get my rights reversion letter from Signet. Which I am hoping to receive any day now - that book turned out really nicely, and would make a great little stocking stuffer. (Since it's a novella, it's smaller. And cheaper!)
Susan/DC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the update about the print edition; I'll be on the lookout. I have a copy of Fair Game and Duel of Hearts but will definitely order Dashing Through the Snow when it is available in print. If The Nobody is ever available, I'll snap that up too. Even though print books cost more than electronic ones they still cost far less and provide longer lasting pleasure than almost anything else I can think of.

P.S. You had it on a floppy disk? Now we're dating ourselves if we remember using disks (even more so if they were the 5 1/4" ones).
Diane Farr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: floppies Reply with quote

Shocking, isn't it? LOL ... yes, I still have most of my books on floppies! Needless to say, I lost no time in storing DUEL OF HEARTS safely on the cloud today. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Writer's News Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: