AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

True Blood Season 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[Have you heard who they are thinking of? Sookie is collecting her harem of men! All for our viewing pleasure! Smile

Haha, Xina, love it! I haven't heard of any solid names, just fans guessing and suggesting who they'd like to see play his part.

I can't wait to watch the last True Blood ep! When my daughter gets here tonight we are going to catch up and we'll have another ep already to watch tomorrow. Squee!

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy Linda!! Smile
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ep!! But could you all hear me groaning when the minute Eric remembers Sookie decides she still loves Bill? Oy! Could they not give us even a week with a fully recovered Eric and Sookie hook up!? lol

Linda
jebe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisReader wrote:

4.) The scene at the end was great with Eric, Pam, Jess and Bill coming out of the van like a bad a** Vampire A-Team. LOVED IT.

I loved all your points, ChrisReader, especially this one. When I saw this scene last week, I said, it's like Vampire Armageddon, but your comment fits so much better!

Linda in sw va wrote:
But could you all hear me groaning when the minute Eric remembers Sookie decides she still loves Bill?

It's ironic to me that the storyline that was probably so hotly anticipated by the book lovers is the one that I found the least compelling. It's not that I hated this storyline, but it just didn't hold my interest too much. So many other things ended up being more interesting this season. I think that's why I love this show, if it doesn't deliver on one story, it ends up delivering somewhere else!
xina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Great ep!! But could you all hear me groaning when the minute Eric remembers Sookie decides she still loves Bill? Oy! Could they not give us even a week with a fully recovered Eric and Sookie hook up!? lol

Linda

See? Her harem! Sookie wants them all. Lining up. Smile
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[See? Her harem! Sookie wants them all. Lining up. Smile

Well..I guess we can't really blame her, lol.

So what did you all think of last night's ep?

I have mixed feelings, I was ready to see Marnie gone but now we have her for one more ep in Lafayette's body. Gah!

Favorite Eric moment was when he took a slurp out of Roy's heart, it's good to see him back! *warm Eric fuzzies* lol

Terry is so awesome! He makes a great husband and cousin and he's a cutie too.

Alcide with the glowing eyes, abjuring (sp) Debb Pelt, loved it!

Sam kicking Marcus' ass, loved it!

I'm enjoying the interaction between Jessica and Jason, am interested to see where it goes.

Sookie seemed kinda a dumb-ass in this ep, sorry to say it. Really, she joined hands with Marnie again not knowing what she was doing?

Don't know what to make of Andy and the Fairy...

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda..Yes, Andy and the fairy. I expected her to turn into a monster or something. We shall see..
Yes, Sookie joining hands with the group. What an idiot thing to do!
Ah...poor Pam. Eric really loves his Sookie. I loved what Pam called her...A sip in a sundress...LOL!
Alcide's glowing eyes...yeah. That made my night.

Oh..and why, why is Marnie still around??
jebe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Sookie seemed kinda a dumb-ass in this ep, sorry to say it. Really, she joined hands with Marnie again not knowing what she was doing?

These are times when I'm pulled out of the story b/c I keep thinking the show isn't doing enough with her mind reading abilities. That never would've happened if she'd just read Marnie's mind. I realize that would've negated the entire scene, but seriously, that scene was a tad ridiculous. On EW.com, the reviewer said the vamps being pulled toward the shield reminded her of the scene in All of Me where Lily Tomlin's soul takes over Steve Martin's body. That cracked me up and fit so well, too.

I'm pretty sure Debbie's a goner come next week. I know that follows the books, but for a while there, the way they were trying to redeem her character, I thought maybe they were going to deviate from the book. Now, I'm pretty sure it's a done-deal.

And yeah, that whole Andy-with-the-fairy thing, what was that?

Even though they've stuck to a skeleton of the books so far, it seems as if every season they veer farther and farther from the books. Which is aok with me, but I'm wondering who the next Big Bad is going to be? For some reason, I can't be too spooked about a bunch of fairies! Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised next summer!
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va said
Quote:
So what did you all think of last night's ep?

I have mixed feelings, I was ready to see Marnie gone but now we have her for one more ep in Lafayette's body. Gah!

I know! Somehow I kept expecting Antonia to posess him when they drove her out of Marnie. Completely forgot about Marnie now being a "spirit" until she popped out at LaLa. I was waiting for Jesus to turn back into a devil or something.

Quote:
Favorite Eric moment was when he took a slurp out of Roy's heart, it's good to see him back! *warm Eric fuzzies* lol

LOL! Linda I am cracking up laughing now. I think it's a riot that Eric sipping on someone's left ventricle like a juice box is giving you the warm Eric fuzzies. Laughing You love you some Eric!!

Agree that I LOVE Terry, LOVE a$$ kicking Sam and was practically jumping up and down when Alcide abjured that stupid loser Debbie. Yippee!!

OK now about Sookie!!?? Is she really that big of an idiot?! Why would she EVER trust Marnie? She just looks like a huge moron. It would be one thing if she had been planning the big hand holding jolt all along but it seems like she wasn't.

jebe said
Quote:
These are times when I'm pulled out of the story b/c I keep thinking the show isn't doing enough with her mind reading abilities. That never would've happened if she'd just read Marnie's mind. I realize that would've negated the entire scene, but seriously, that scene was a tad ridiculous.

Exactly! And she didn't have to be a mind reader to know Marnie was oh say....crazy!? She just saw her stab someone to death and try to have Bill and Eric kill themselves.

Also why would Eric and Bill agree to kill themselves on Marnie's word?! Everyone knows she is nutty and lies and kills innocent people. At least Pam has a modicum of common sense. And wasn't the whole point Bill and Eric had to protect the entire vampire race from Marnie? Now Sookie is more important than that? I understand it's to show they both lurve her but it's getting stupid now.

I thought Jason telling off Bill and Eric was great- although I was wholly behind their whole "effing Sookie" exasperation. She is ALWAYS on the side of whoever is due to get wasted and usually smack dab in the way.

Does anyone have any insight into the Andy and the fairies thing? I never read that far on in the books. And should I be excited for whoever this Quinn person is? Is he Alcide level exciting??
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I know! Somehow I kept expecting Antonia to posses him when they drove her out of Marnie. Completely forgot about Marnie now being a "spirit" until she popped out at LaLa. I was waiting for Jesus to turn back into a devil or something.

Me too, to both!

Quote:
LOL! Linda I am cracking up laughing now. I think it's a riot that Eric sipping on someone's left ventricle like a juice box is giving you the warm Eric fuzzies. Laughing You love you some Eric!!

Eric, don't ever change again! LOL

Quote:
OK now about Sookie!!?? Is she really that big of an idiot?! Why would she EVER trust Marnie? She just looks like a huge moron. It would be one thing if she had been planning the big hand holding jolt all along but it seems like she wasn't.

I know, this was really foolish and Jebe I agree with you, why wasn't she using her mind reading abilities? I'm struck by something I remember from the Comic Con footage, they asked Alan Ball if they were moving away from Sookie's mind reading abilities (something to that effect) and he seemed kind of taken aback. I don't think he realized until that moment that it's coming across that way.

Quote:
Also why would Eric and Bill agree to kill themselves on Marnie's word?! Everyone knows she is nutty and lies and kills innocent people. At least Pam has a modicum of common sense. And wasn't the whole point Bill and Eric had to protect the entire vampire race from Marnie? Now Sookie is more important than that? I understand it's to show they both lurve her but it's getting stupid now.

Yes to all of the above! In this the boys were stupid, Sookie was stupid, Pam was the smart one, lol

Quote:
Does anyone have any insight into the Andy and the fairies thing? I never read that far on in the books. And should I be excited for whoever this Quinn person is? Is he Alcide level exciting??

With Andy - none at all, it's not in the books.

Quinn in the books - just another male to be in love with Sookie and kind of a nice guy but not all that appealing, and it's like Charlaine Harris tired of him and had him act oddly to get him out of the picture. No, he's not Alcide level exciting, but then neither is Alcide in the books. With True Blood it's possible! Very Happy

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
[

Quinn in the books - just another male to be in love with Sookie and kind of a nice guy but not all that appealing, and it's like Charlaine Harris tired of him and had him act oddly to get him out of the picture. No, he's not Alcide level exciting, but then neither is Alcide in the books. With True Blood it's possible! Very Happy

Linda

Found a little info online speculating Jason Momoa playing Quinn. If so...he would be exciting, on the Alcide level. Really, everything is so over the top in the HBO series, I wouldn't be surprised at anything.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Found a little info online speculating Jason Momoa playing Quinn. If so...he would be exciting, on the Alcide level. Really, everything is so over the top in the HBO series, I wouldn't be surprised at anything.

Mmmmm, sounds good to me! Very Happy

Linda..thinking of doing a reread of the Sookie books
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a link to a phenomenal recap of the last episode of True Blood complete with pictures and gifs.

Because of some of the language etc. it's NSFW.

It is however hilarious.

http://io9.com/5837390/true-blood-serves-up-a-steaming-pile-of-true-death
xina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisReader wrote:
This is a link to a phenomenal recap of the last episode of True Blood complete with pictures and gifs.

Because of some of the language etc. it's NSFW.

It is however hilarious.

http://io9.com/5837390/true-blood-serves-up-a-steaming-pile-of-true-death

Funny! Thanks for posting. So many points I agree with..especially, Explain This Bullshit! Heh.
And the doorknob hand burning too. hee
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[Funny! Thanks for posting. So many points I agree with..especially, Explain This Bullshit! Heh.
And the doorknob hand burning too. hee

Agreed with those two especially! Others maybe not so much but it was funny.

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: