AAR
Click here for full forums index
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 
True Blood Season 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[Sounds like fun Linda! I'll bet you will be glad to have her home. Then you won't want to let her go back. Okay...that is how I remembered it in those early days of kids in college!
You will have to be careful not to read spoilers in this thread then. Smile


And yet here I am peeking, lol. I'm so incredibly excited to see her! You're right, I wont want to let her go back, I'll be counting the days until Thanksgiving break. Very Happy

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jebe



Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Posts: 822
Location: Jersey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to spoil anything for Linda, but that thing you mentioned, xina, was that a tearjerker or what? Very touching, especially for a scene w/a bunch of guys.

I'm glad they deviated from the books and had Eric remember everything. Certainly mixes it up for the love triangle, which I'm hoping will become a quadrangle-or whatever you call it-soon enough.

With the exception of the long fantasy sequences and the HotShot nonsense at the beginning, I've really enjoyed this season. Tara hasn't even bothered me so much this season. Last season, with her constant screaming and hysterics, drove me nuts!
_________________
Why put off til tomorrow what you can put off until next week?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
xina wrote:
[Sounds like fun Linda! I'll bet you will be glad to have her home. Then you won't want to let her go back. Okay...that is how I remembered it in those early days of kids in college!
You will have to be careful not to read spoilers in this thread then. Smile


And yet here I am peeking, lol. I'm so incredibly excited to see her! You're right, I wont want to let her go back, I'll be counting the days until Thanksgiving break. Very Happy

Linda


Enjoy her! It gets easier Linda. Smile
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebe wrote:
I don't want to spoil anything for Linda, but that thing you mentioned, xina, was that a tearjerker or what? Very touching, especially for a scene w/a bunch of guys.

I'm glad they deviated from the books and had Eric remember everything. Certainly mixes it up for the love triangle, which I'm hoping will become a quadrangle-or whatever you call it-soon enough.

!


Yes...that was a tearjerker! And I was so glad to see Eric remember rather than spend so much time not remembering. I know that the TV series is based quite loosely on the books, but I would have found it frustrating in the TV series to have him not have a clue. How many shows are left? Is it only 2, or am I wrong in that?
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jebe



Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Posts: 822
Location: Jersey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
How many shows are left? Is it only 2, or am I wrong in that?


Yep, I think just two, the 4th and the 11th. It went by too fast!
_________________
Why put off til tomorrow what you can put off until next week?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help but peek! lmao! He remembers already??

But hey, you all should discuss all you like and not worry about spoiling me. I take responsibility for getting spoiled if I check out the discussion thread! Smile

I'm having a very hard time waiting until Sat night to watch this with Sarah but I'm going to be strong, watching with two is better than one. Very Happy

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jebe



Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Posts: 822
Location: Jersey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
I can't help but peek! lmao!


I know the feeling, Linda, I'm a diehard spoiler girl. Whenever the subject comes up on these boards about people who read the end, or know the ending of a movie, etc. I always think that I'm the poster child for that syndrome. Embarassed Patience is not one of my virtues!
_________________
Why put off til tomorrow what you can put off until next week?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebe wrote:
Linda in sw va wrote:
I can't help but peek! lmao!


I know the feeling, Linda, I'm a diehard spoiler girl. Whenever the subject comes up on these boards about people who read the end, or know the ending of a movie, etc. I always think that I'm the poster child for that syndrome. Embarassed Patience is not one of my virtues!


I used to never be..but now I've gotten terrible about it. Embarassed lol

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebe wrote:
xina wrote:
How many shows are left? Is it only 2, or am I wrong in that?


Yep, I think just two, the 4th and the 11th. It went by too fast!


Yes, it did!! Sad
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebe wrote:
Linda in sw va wrote:
I can't help but peek! lmao!


I know the feeling, Linda, I'm a diehard spoiler girl. Whenever the subject comes up on these boards about people who read the end, or know the ending of a movie, etc. I always think that I'm the poster child for that syndrome. Embarassed Patience is not one of my virtues!



Oh, me too! Spoilers don't bother me. In fact, I seek them out. It makes me happy.
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChrisReader



Joined: 05 Sep 2009
Posts: 739

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I have really been enjoying this season of True Blood.

With the exception of the Werepanthers (I cannot stand them) it's been a pretty great season so far.

Here's just a few random thoughts I wanted to express:

1.) Tommy- I'm so sad about this! I know he was a huge screw up and jerk a lot but he grew on me. I thought it was touching how he learned to read and he provided a lot of humor (well the actors playing him playing them did anyway). I think Sam should have had one relative left in the world. I liked the whole crazy brother relationship.

2.) Terry Bellefleur- How awesome has he turned out to be? I just love him, he really has been getting his act together and has been a great husband/father/cousin/ friend. You can really see the young guy he was before the war coming out- track star, etc. I loved seeing his relationship with Andy and how Andy had looked out for him before when he had needed it. Their scenes were priceless "I wasn't too old for socks!"

3.) Jessica is really coming into her own. I loved it when she confronted Jason not only about everyone babying Hoyt to a degree but how he wanted relief from his guilt- at her expense.

4.) The scene at the end was great with Eric, Pam, Jess and Bill coming out of the van like a bad a** Vampire A-Team. LOVED IT.

5.) Bill is really growing on me this season- he's great as a leader. Much better than whining " but Sookie" all the time. He's dressing a lot better too- loved him in the leather jacket.

6.) Sorry I just don't have the Eric gene. He does nothing for me. Alcide on the other hand....that man is almost *too* good looking!

7.) Pam should be in pretty much every scene.

8.) Tara isn't annoying me as much right now but that could change again in an instant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, aside from Eric (swoon!) I think I'm pretty much with you in most of your observations! I totally agree that Pam needs more screen time, I LOVE her character so much!

Tara's level of annoyance tends to depend on the episode, the early eps were almost unbearable with her scenes, the last one not as bad. Though I haven't seen the latest last one, though I am spoiled, haha.

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner


Last edited by Linda in sw va on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Chris, aside from Erica (swoon!) I think I'm pretty much with you in most of your observations! I totally agree that Pam needs more screen time, I LOVE her character so much!

Tara's level of annoyance tends to depend on the episode, the early eps were almost unbearable with her scenes, the last one not as bad. Though I haven't seen the latest last one, though I am spoiled, haha.

Linda


You mean ERIC...right, Linda? LOL! Swooning right along with you. Although...Alcide. I loved him in the book. Seeing him in the TV series is just icing on the cake. Smile
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[You mean ERIC...right, Linda? LOL! Swooning right along with you. Although...Alcide. I loved him in the book. Seeing him in the TV series is just icing on the cake. Smile


Yes I did! LOL When I type on my iPhone I am terrible about making errors. And of course Alcide!

I read that they are casting for Quinn right now... Very Happy

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
xina wrote:
[You mean ERIC...right, Linda? LOL! Swooning right along with you. Although...Alcide. I loved him in the book. Seeing him in the TV series is just icing on the cake. Smile


Yes I did! LOL When I type on my iPhone I am terrible about making errors. And of course Alcide!

I read that they are casting for Quinn right now... Very Happy

Linda



Have you heard who they are thinking of? Sookie is collecting her harem of men! All for our viewing pleasure! Smile
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group