AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most Recent Movie You Watched
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fright Night - Grade A - LOVED it!!!!

Funny, scary, suspenseful, and Colin Farrell was total HOTNESS!!

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Fright Night - Grade A - LOVED it!!!!

Funny, scary, suspenseful, and Colin Farrell was total HOTNESS!!

Linda

Oh, good to know. I remember the 80's version with Chris Sarandon, and that one was funny too...and scary. I love Colin Farrell. I can definitely see the hotness factor there for that role.
Just to add...Chris Sarandon had a cameo in the movie, apparently. He was killed by Colin though. I read an interview with Sarandon and he said it served him right for killing all those people in his movie. Smile Glad you enjoyed it. I would like to see it too.
Nicole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conan the Barbarian

You know, this wasn't as bad as I was expecting. My BFF and I would watch the old ones with Arnold and laugh at how cheesy they were, so I went into this with expectations low. However I was surprised to find it was actually pretty decent. The acting was pretty good, and the cheesy lines were at a minimum. The action was nice, and the movie was paced nicely. Also Jason Maoma was just...wow....super fine.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[Oh, good to know. I remember the 80's version with Chris Sarandon, and that one was funny too...and scary. I love Colin Farrell. I can definitely see the hotness factor there for that role.
Just to add...Chris Sarandon had a cameo in the movie, apparently. He was killed by Colin though. I read an interview with Sarandon and he said it served him right for killing all those people in his movie. Smile Glad you enjoyed it. I would like to see it too.

Xina, I don't think I ever saw the 1985 version, I looked up Chris Sarandon on Wiki and can place him now as a motorist that was killed by Colin. Cool! I really need to go watch the original.

What is up with all this 3D obsession? It's this annoying thing that will not go away. At the theater we had the choice to see it in 3D or regular and we chose regular, those glasses always give me a headache. I went to pre-order the DVD and only see the 3D version as coming out.

Linda
Tinabelle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Help - A

Powerful book. Powerful movie. Casting and performances were excellent and the screen adaptation was very true to the book. The theatre was packed and the audience applauded at the end of the film. How often does that happen?

Jane Eyre(2011) - A-

I am a Jane Eyre movie junkie; can't tell you how many versions I have watched. This new adaptation took a slightly different approach in how the story was told in a series of flashbacks. For that alone, this version gets bonus points. Rich production values. Very emotional. Would have liked to see a bit more of the developing relationship between Rochester and Jane.
merryweather

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinabelle wrote:

Jane Eyre(2011) - A-

I am a Jane Eyre movie junkie; can't tell you how many versions I have watched. This new adaptation took a slightly different approach in how the story was told in a series of flashbacks. For that alone, this version gets bonus points. Rich production values. Very emotional. Would have liked to see a bit more of the developing relationship between Rochester and Jane.

I thought it was very well done, and he's the best Rochester I've ever seen, but I was disappointed how the movie ended so abruptly. My favorite part of the story is where she comes back to him and how they adjust to the change in both their circumstances. But it was a beautiful movie.

I saw The Help last week and give it an A. Very satisfying, as close to the book as possible and the cast! Just amazing.

Last night I saw One Day with Anne Hathaway and I don't know what to give it. I feel like giving it a D because I'm so annoyed with the trailers misleading me into thinking it was going to be an upbeat love story. I did not read the book so I had no idea what was coming. I won't spoil it, but if you don't like leaving the theatre in tears don't see this one. But some people like tear-jerkers, so don't mind me.
For the first time in her life, she saw exactly what she’d thrown away when she decided to have him by means fair or foul……that she’d not saved him but wronged him by consigning to him all the ability of a box turtle to make his own choices. ~Gigi
xina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week my daughter, DIL and I saw Crazy, Stupid Love. REally enjoyed it. Ryan Gosling (love him) played a real creep for half the movie. Steve Carell was great too. I love when he leaves his Office character behind and is mostly serious in his role. And Emma Stone...I really enjoy her as an actor. I hope she has many years ahead of her on film.
Nice movie that dragged just a bit in the end. I noticed the guy in front of us looking very bored. You could almost hear his inner voice saying...really? this is not over yet? I would call it a girl-movie, but a pretty good girl-movie at that. B+
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Last week my daughter, DIL and I saw Crazy, Stupid Love. REally enjoyed it. Ryan Gosling (love him) played a real creep for half the movie. Steve Carell was great too. I love when he leaves his Office character behind and is mostly serious in his role. And Emma Stone...I really enjoy her as an actor. I hope she has many years ahead of her on film.
Nice movie that dragged just a bit in the end. I noticed the guy in front of us looking very bored. You could almost hear his inner voice saying...really? this is not over yet? I would call it a girl-movie, but a pretty good girl-movie at that. B+

I've heard such raves about this movie Xina, it's good to see your review! I'll wait and watch it on Netflix. Have you seen Fright Night yet?

Here's a review for Fright Night, so far all that I've seen have been positive -

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2011/08/one-of-lifes-guilty-pleasures-fright-night

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
xina wrote:

I've heard such raves about this movie Xina, it's good to see your review! I'll wait and watch it on Netflix. Have you seen Fright Night yet?

Here's a review for Fright Night, so far all that I've seen have been positive -

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2011/08/one-of-lifes-guilty-pleasures-fright-night

Linda

No, I haven't seen it yet Linda, but that is a good review. I do love Colin Farrell (sp?) though, and it sounds, from the review..that he got the character down. **slightly off** Exactly!
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Popper's Penguins
B-

Mr. Popper's dad was never around but he sent cool gifts. This latest gift, though, a penguin from the antarctic transcends all others in helping Popper reconnect with his estranged wife and children.

A nice little story with some funny moments.

Country Strong
D

Sometimes I regret turning on my TV. A mess of a movie about an alcoholic singer and the people around her who really only wanted to ride on her coat tails to success. No amount of strong performances can save you when you don't bother with a script.

maggie b.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Limitless - B+ , better than I expected! Thought I knew what the ending would be but I was wrong. Good concept and well played by all the actors.

Linda
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Limitless - B+ , better than I expected! Thought I knew what the ending would be but I was wrong. Good concept and well played by all the actors.

Linda

I would agree with you, Linda. Good film, interesting concept.

maggie b.
xina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Help...grade A. 10 stars. What a great movie. I just loved it. I was going to read the book, so I put of seeing the movie, but went yesterday. Ron Howard's daughter (can't remember her name) plays the most awful woman. Who knew Opie's daughter could be such a bitch??
cheri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the help.thanks for the info on the Anne Hathaway movie I will be skipping. I am eagerly waiting for next week when Bridesmaid is released on DVD. I will run to the store to get it, I laughed out loud for the entire movie when I saw it. Cheri
xina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheri wrote:
I loved the help.thanks for the info on the Anne Hathaway movie I will be skipping. I am eagerly waiting for next week when Bridesmaid is released on DVD. I will run to the store to get it, I laughed out loud for the entire movie when I saw it. Cheri

Bridesmaid...my DIL loved it and my daughter has seen it 3 times. They are bringing to our cabin this weekend. I can't wait to see it. I've heard it is hysterical.
Loved The Help too. Saw it again yesterday.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: