AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bachelor Pad 2...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Bachelor Pad 2... Reply with quote

Okay, I really don't want to admit this, but I've watched the last hour (it's two hours long) of the two episodes of Bachelor Pad on Monday nights. I'm locked into another program from 8-9pm and then I normally surf the channels for about an hour. I caught Bachelor Pad last week and stuck with it. It's superficial, silly and everything I don't want to watch--but I did anyway. Very Happy

Anyone catch last night's episode of the farewell rose ceremony? What an exit for Jackie and then Ames. Hey, this is a romantic books site--and this exit does not get any more romantic than that (not graphically, of course). I loved it. I understand they're still together. Ahhh...
Donna Lea Simpson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be my guiltiest of all guilty pleasures. I swore I was not going to watch, then got sucked in. I loathe the Kasey/Vienna/Jake trio with a white hot passion. Yuck!! On ALL counts. Kasey, who once seemed like a nice fellow, if misguided, now seems like a total loser. And how does Vienna keep sucking guys into her teary, manipulative coils? Their kissy-faced gloating last night was up-chuckable.

But Ames... what a sweetie! And what a great exit, though my sister said, 'had to be staged... why else was the car stopped?' I'm pulling for those two crazy kids... LOL!

Disclaimer: I believe very little, if any, of Reality TV is real.

http://www.donnaleasimpson.com
Tee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could not agree with you more regarding the trio you mentioned, with Vienna being the worst of them and Jake the least, but not many points separating any of them. Vienna is such a drama queen along with Millicent (I think that's her name--she has long blonde hair).

If the exit was staged (and probably was to an extent), it was great. I loved how Ames came walking back to the group with the silliest grin on his face, lifted both hands up slightly as if to say "What can I do?" and then trotted back to the limo (with red pants, no less--oh, no). But it was great. They made it look quite spontaneous even if it wasn't.

Yes, reality is anything but real. And that's what makes it so sad, because the people playing the roles believe it's working for them and for the majority viewing it. And we wonder why our kids are so bewildered when they finally encounter the "real" world.
Donna Lea Simpson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I deeply dislike about the Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor Pad franchise is their insistence that the only 'good' outcome is a lockstep two-by-two finale. It's like they can't admit that out of a chosen 25 guys or girls you just may not find your 'soulmate'. Argh!!

Brad Womack was so harshly castigated for his 'betrayal' in his first season, when at the end he said, basically, so sorry, but not one of these 25 women is the love of my life. Outrage!! Condemnation!! How dare he!!!

So he came back, 'chose' someone, and look how that ended. I thought he had balls the first time for saying 'no, I'm not in love', but he was apparently castrated enough to come back for a second time to rectify things, 'chose' Emily Maynard, (who everyone seems to love, but I don't really like very much) and it ended badly.

Of course, I don't like Brad either, I guess. And yet I watch. Every season is 'The Most Dramatic Season Evah'!! LOL. It's candy cotton for the mind, at its best, and mindless dreck at its worst.

http://www.donnaleasimpson.com
Tee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna Lea Simpson wrote:
Of course, I don't like Brad either, I guess. And yet I watch. Every season is 'The Most Dramatic Season Evah'!! LOL. It's candy cotton for the mind, at its best, and mindless dreck at its worst.

Love your last sentence--mindless dreck, indeed.

I too thought Brad should be applauded for having said no to both finalists the first time around. What's wrong with knowing neither of those two were the "one." The second time he was in a Bachelor series, when his family asked something like "has she awakened the sleeping bear?", I figured out what they meant and thought it was over right then and there for whoever was left. It was so obvious all throughout the season that he kept a tight leash on his control. Watching his facial expressions and his comments just made me shudder at times.

I will probably be watching Bachelor Pad again this Monday. Talk about self-control--I think I have none sometimes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: