AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

True Blood Season 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILER*********************************

Did anyone else watching last night wish Bill hadn't gotten in the way and that Pam had gotten to bite Tara? LOL Tara is really starting to grate on me. Should I be worried that I am starting to side with Pam?
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisReader wrote:
SPOILER*********************************

Did anyone else watching last night wish Bill hadn't gotten in the way and that Pam had gotten to bite Tara? LOL Tara is really starting to grate on me. Should I be worried that I am starting to side with Pam?

Me, me! *raises hand* lol I've always loved Pam and Tara gets on my nerves so it's an easy call. Very Happy

I thought last night was a great ep! Well aside from the disappointing shower scene which didn't even come close to the awesomeness that was in the books.

I wonder what Marnie was doing to Eric at the end there? I was hoping one of the humans would nail her in the chest while they had the chance.

Bill looked most awesome in leather!

Maxine was awesome playing Tommy at playing Maxine! LOL

Jess/Hoyt/Jason - interesting triangle here, I felt so bad for her but would rather it played out as it did than Hoyt whimpering on the floor that he's not worthy.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, me too. I've really liked Pam, she is who she is. Tara is just a chore to watch now.
And yes...Maxine/Tommy/Maxine. Too funny. I was watching with my daughter, who doesn't keep up with the series as much as I do..hasn't read the books, but she picked up that Maxine was actually Tommy. I didn't. *shrug* Smile It was too funny.

Oh..the shower scene that almost was. We got just a glimpse of the scene in the book. The bed with snow was a little strange. hmmm..

I have no idea what Marnie was doing to Eric. I predict Sookie will save him. We'll see.
I'm really enjoying this season.
jebe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tara really hasn't gotten on my nerves as much this season as she has in past seasons, but if she bit the big one at the end of this story arc I don't think I'd be too upset.

I thought Maxine as Tommy as Maxine was cute, but no where near as spot on as Sam's go round as Tommy. The more this goes on, the more I'm convinced Tommy's character is at a dead end. It's amusing for now, but he's a goner.

I was loving the Sookie/Eric romance, but this past episode was just a little over-the-top with the whole Emo Eric thing. Was that supposed to be a blood bond when Sookie took from Eric? And that snow fantasy...it was a dual fantasy, wasn't it? I didn't get the purpose of that.

Bill looked splendid in the leather get-up. I do like Bill.

And I think I'm probably the only one, but I really feel for Debbie. I've really come to like the new recovering Debbie. I know what happens to her in the end of this book, but I kinda thought they might go in a different direction like they did w/the Lafayette character. After this past episode, though, I have a feeling she's either gonna meet her demise or eventually abandon Alcide for the Pack Leader.

Speaking of the Pack Leader, it's funny b/c in the pack scenes I like him. But, later, when he showed up at Luna's house, yeah, not so much. Weird how sometimes the characters are sympathetic in one area and not in another. I guess it's what makes this show so interesting. There's a lot of gray area.

Talk about gray area, that whole Hoyt/Jess/Jason story is packed with gray area.
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it was a great episode and genuinely funny. Tommy as Maxine had me laughing out loud, especially the parts about Sam being SELFISH!

Another great part was Jason shaming Andy about the vampire remains.

Maybe I am the only one but I've had more than enough emo Eric. Sweet Eric is one thing, stupid goofy Eric is another. That whole snowing bed thing lasted way too long for my liking. I never read that far- is it in the books?
Jebe said
Quote:

And I think I'm probably the only one, but I really feel for Debbie. I've really come to like the new recovering Debbie.
Talk about gray area, that whole Hoyt/Jess/Jason story is packed with gray area.

I just can't warm up to Debbie even though I can sympathize. All I think of is crazy Debbie from last season. Maybe the actress is just too good at her role.

I think the Hoyt/Jess/Jason thing has been handled extremely well. I found myself sympathizing with both Jess and Hoyt in that scene. I felt bad for Jess at the same time I was happy to see Hoyt stand up for himself. The actor who plays Hoyt really nailed that scene- and is it me or has Jess become even prettier lately? I also loved that we are seeing some growth from Jason too. I don't know if he would have done the honorable thing a season or two ago.
xina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisReader wrote:

I just can't warm up to Debbie even though I can sympathize. All I think of is crazy Debbie from last season. Maybe the actress is just too good at her role.

I think the Hoyt/Jess/Jason thing has been handled extremely well. I found myself sympathizing with both Jess and Hoyt in that scene. I felt bad for Jess at the same time I was happy to see Hoyt stand up for himself. The actor who plays Hoyt really nailed that scene- and is it me or has Jess become even prettier lately? I also loved that we are seeing some growth from Jason too. I don't know if he would have done the honorable thing a season or two ago.

I don't like Debbie on the show just because she struck me as such an awful person in the books. I cannot feel any sympathy for her.
As for Eric's new self...getting a little tired of this wide-eyed Eric, but it is necessAry for the storyline...even though the tv version is so loosely based on the books , in order for it to look like he has no memory, I guess we have to endure. Smile. I do miss my all in black tough guy Eric though...yes I do.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisReader wrote:

Yes! Chris, you said this much better than I could. Very Happy

I do feel bad for Debbie to a certain extent, but I know what a rotten person she is so it's hard to really sympathize. I admit my having read the books may be influencing here.

Linda
jebe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really remember Debbie from the books, did she have a big role in the 4th book? All I remember is her family, and if they were anything to go by, then no, I'd have no sympathy for Debbie. I think one of the reasons I've warmed to her TV counterpart is b/c she was such a despicable character last season, I love that clean-and-sober angle the show's trying to push. However, after last week's episode of her following Alcide to the cemetery, I feel like the old Debbie is just right around the corner.

I keep expecting the Hot Shot storyline to pop up out of nowhere! Please, please, I hope the show just abandons that book storyline.
maryskl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tara needs to be made into a vampire by Pam and have her see things from the "other side." She is just really tiresome. Maybe that would jump start her character.
xina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maryskl wrote:
I think Tara needs to be made into a vampire by Pam and have her see things from the "other side." She is just really tiresome. Maybe that would jump start her character.

Oh, don't encourage them. We don't want a whole season of Tara The Vamp! Ugh. I would like to see her move away and live a life apart from Bon Temp...and slowly fade away into the horizon. Buh bye Tara. Smile
maryskl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
maryskl wrote:

Oh, don't encourage them. We don't want a whole season of Tara The Vamp! Ugh. I would like to see her move away and live a life apart from Bon Temp...and slowly fade away into the horizon. Buh bye Tara. Smile

I think you may have the better plan!
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="xina"]
maryskl wrote:
IOh, don't encourage them. We don't want a whole season of Tara The Vamp! Ugh. I would like to see her move away and live a life apart from Bon Temp...and slowly fade away into the horizon. Buh bye Tara. Smile

I don't think there's much hope for it Xina but you're right, if she's as annoying as she is human, can you imagine her as the angsty vamp? The horror! lol

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
[I don't think there's much hope for it Xina but you're right, if she's as annoying as she is human, can you imagine her as the angsty vamp? The horror! lol

Linda

Remember in the books where she owned a high end clothing store, and really didn't show up much at all? I vote for that. Ideally in another town, or country...or planet. Smile
jebe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came across this today:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/08/18/joe-manganiello-stripper-movie/

Holy Cats, does anyone know where I put my paper fan?! Wink
xina

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebe wrote:
Came across this today:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/08/18/joe-manganiello-stripper-movie/

Holy Cats, does anyone know where I put my paper fan?! Wink

LOL! Big Dick Richie...indeed. And with Tatum Channing too? hmmmm... Thought provoking, that's all I'm saying...and thinking.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: