AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

True Blood Season 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice long promo for this season!

http://www.hbo.com/true-blood/about/video/in-the-coming-weeks-sneak-peek.html?autoplay=true&cmpid=ABC123

Linda
jebe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to the EW interview with the cast at Comic-Con:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/22/true-blood-comic-con-2011-alexander-skarsgard/

Kristen Bauer and Alex Skaarsgard are so cute, aren't they? Nelsan Ellis just shot to the top of my list with his love for Doctor Who and The Vampire Diaries.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebe wrote:
Here's a link to the EW interview with the cast at Comic-Con:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/22/true-blood-comic-con-2011-alexander-skarsgard/

Kristen Bauer and Alex Skaarsgard are so cute, aren't they? Nelsan Ellis just shot to the top of my list with his love for Doctor Who and The Vampire Diaries.

Very enjoyable, thanks for posting!!

Linda
Fenwick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched my tape of last night's show. I loved that there was more of the story lines I watch. Eric and Sookie and Bill. Pam was funny. Alcide is eyecandy. A great cuddle in bed between Eric and Sookie. Bill finally is handling the witch problem. I didn't watch much of the other segments but it seemed like Sam's parents are out of the plot and Jason is away from that pack. Good!

I keep getting the feeling that Eric is remembering snatches of his past. Again he had that look on his face when Tara recounted Sookie's history with Eric in front of Eric, that he was remembering.

Last edited by Fenwick on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
jebe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I'm officially onboard the Eric/Sookie train, although I still have a soft spot for Bill. But this sensitive Eric is just too cute to resist.

I wanted the Mickens gone, but I certainly didn't plan on that. Geez Louise, was that violent or what? Now Tommy can people shift. Remember the story Luna told a few episodes back? My son thinks Sam's gonna be able to as well. He thinks the Mom might've only been passed out and when they both tossed them into the lagoon, that cinched it for both of them.

A few of the funny moments I enjoyed were the Jason sex fantasy with Jessica and Hoyt. Very amusing. And the Reverend and Tara's mother with Arlene and Terry, classic.

I hope Pam isn't rotting for long. In addition to being disgusting, I just love when she's in full Pam mode. Sarcastic, dressed to the nines, she's the bomb.

No sign of the baby doll... Shocked

This season is so different from last season. Last year I remember they hit the ground running and didn't really lose momentum until Russell went on the run. This year's been a mixed bag for me. I think in retrospect I'll love it just the same, but it feels low key to me.

Love Alcide in the white tee. Cool
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I feel like I'm officially onboard the Eric/Sookie train, although I still have a soft spot for Bill. But this sensitive Eric is just too cute to resist.

I'm with you here!

Quote:
I wanted the Mickens gone, but I certainly didn't plan on that. Geez Louise, was that violent or what? Now Tommy can people shift. Remember the story Luna told a few episodes back? My son thinks Sam's gonna be able to as well. He thinks the Mom might've only been passed out and when they both tossed them into the lagoon, that cinched it for both of them.

Gosh I hope those two rotten parents are not coming back, I cannot stand that storyline. I was thrilled to see them gone! lol

Quote:
A few of the funny moments I enjoyed were the Jason sex fantasy with Jessica and Hoyt. Very amusing. And the Reverend and Tara's mother with Arlene and Terry, classic.

Loved those, so funny! Those and Eric with the bad dream (I don't know why I'm crying, sniff) just made the episode.

Quote:
I hope Pam isn't rotting for long. In addition to being disgusting, I just love when she's in full Pam mode. Sarcastic, dressed to the nines, she's the bomb.

I agree, I want badass Pam back! She's too gorgeous to ruin her face for half the season. It was very entertaining watching the True Blood Panel from the comic con, so glad someone put the videos up. Pam said her face makeup was tapioca pudding and coffee grounds, lol.

Quote:
No sign of the baby doll... Shocked

I look forward to seeing what's up with the creepy baby doll!

Quote:
This season is so different from last season. Last year I remember they hit the ground running and didn't really lose momentum until Russell went on the run. This year's been a mixed bag for me. I think in retrospect I'll love it just the same, but it feels low key to me.

Last season was an exciting start, but I thought it fizzled somewhat as it went along. I think every seaosn is a mixed bag for me, I'm so hooked on this show but I don't love every side storyline.

Quote:
Love Alcide in the white tee.

Love Alcide in anything, or nothing at all! Smile

Full Comic Con Panel for anyone that's interested -

http://skarsgardnews.com/?p=12165

Linda
robiform

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that many of my fellow "True Blood" fans have heard of the "It Gets Better" project. Started by Dan Savage, it was a response to the high number of LGBT teenagers who are so bullied by their peers that they take their own lives, because they see no other alternative. "It Gets Better" features celebrities speaking out to young people, particularly those who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender, to tell them that while life may be difficult now, it does get better as time goes on.

I mention this because Alexander Skarsgaard and Kristin Bauer (Eric and Pam) have taped two wonderful videos for "It Gets Better" and they are really terrific! In particular, it was a kick to see "Pam" so out of character in a very heartfelt plea to these young people.

Go to youtube.com and search for "It Gets Better" to see the videos!
jebe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's w/us this summer, ladies? Last year we tore up the boards discussing True Blood! I must say, I'm still riveted every week.

I'm wondering how the whole witch thing is going to come to a head. This is the book I never read so it's all a mystery to me. I do realize that the main players will live through it all, but whether it's related to the witch storyline or otherwise, I feel like a few people aren't gonna make it past this season. I'm looking at you Tommy, Tara and, I don't know, Jesus seems up for grabs, too.
xina

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebe wrote:
What's w/us this summer, ladies? Last year we tore up the boards discussing True Blood! I must say, I'm still riveted every week.

I'm wondering how the whole witch thing is going to come to a head. This is the book I never read so it's all a mystery to me. I do realize that the main players will live through it all, but whether it's related to the witch storyline or otherwise, I feel like a few people aren't gonna make it past this season. I'm looking at you Tommy, Tara and, I don't know, Jesus seems up for grabs, too.

I would love Tommy to be gone. Tara, I am sick of her, but I wish she would be put in the background, as she is in the books. I'm enjoying Eric and Sookie together. Who isn't? Smile The "little lost boy" look is sort of getting to me though. I suppose he was like that in the book as well. All in all, I am enjoying it very much and look forward to watching every Sunday. I was wondering at the lack of conversation about it too. Let's all get together after Sunday's show....
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebe wrote:

Jebe, I wondered if anyone still cared to discuss? LOL I'm still hooked as ever and it's sooo nice to have a summer show.

Let's see, the witches thing is very interesting, it's not being done the same as it was in the books, there was no having all the vampires try to meet the sun, Pam didn't lose her face, etc. So even though I've read the books it's still new to me.

Bill redeemed himself here lately, he really is a good guy on the inside and it's nice that it shows.

I'm so ready to see Tommy and that storyline go, are we supposed to feel sorry for him because Sam kicked him out? Hello, he slept with his girlfriend! He annoys the crap out of me.

I'm long annoyed with Tara, Xina I'm with you, she needs to be in the background, I wish she'd go back out of town and live with what's her name.

Xina, I'm a little tired of the little boy lost Eric as well, I want some bite! Even their love scenes seem tame compared to her and Bill. Hopefully Eric will kick some ass soon to balance out this vulnerability.

I thought the actress that plays Jessica did a great job with having her pulled out to meet the sun, well done, can't wait to see how it all turns out. Since Jason didn't go panther (as he did in the books) I'm wondering if he'll turn into one to save Jess?

Linda
jebe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
...it's sooo nice to have a summer show.

Amen that, Linda! The other day I was flipping through the channels looking for something to watch...and flipping through, and again. I swear I had drool rolling down my chin b/f I settled on something subpar. Summer TV is SLIM pickings!

P.S. I really love the dynamic between Jessica and Jason. I knew Hoyt was gonna get the shaft sooner or later, poor guy. He's such a good guy.
jebe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that we started discussing again, it's jogged my memory: how hysterical was Sam as Tommy being Sam? Rolling Eyes I think you know what I'm referring to, classic. Sam Trammel (sp?) did such a good job with that scene in the bar where he fires Sookie, etc. Too funny!
xina

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
[

Xina, I'm a little tired of the little boy lost Eric as well, I want some bite! Even their love scenes seem tame compared to her and Bill. Hopefully Eric will kick some ass soon to balance out this vulnerability.

I thought the actress that plays Jessica did a great job with having her pulled out to meet the sun, well done, can't wait to see how it all turns out. Since Jason didn't go panther (as he did in the books) I'm wondering if he'll turn into one to save Jess?

Linda

Yes, I want my old Eric somewhat back, but I still want him to love Sookie! I am enjoying that because...I am an Eric fan even though Bill has shown his good side.

Jessica and Jason...oh, yes...I can't wait for Sunday. I didn't even think of that Linda... that he would turn for Jessica. He probably needs a trigger to turn. Ok..that is my theory. Smile
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebe wrote:
Now that we started discussing again, it's jogged my memory: how hysterical was Sam as Tommy being Sam? Rolling Eyes I think you know what I'm referring to, classic. Sam Trammel (sp?) did such a good job with that scene in the bar where he fires Sookie, etc. Too funny!

Loved that scene, hilarious! BTW, I just saw on Twitter that the actor is now the father of twin baby boys.

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:

Yes, I want my old Eric somewhat back, but I still want him to love Sookie! I am enjoying that because...I am an Eric fan even though Bill has shown his good side.

Jessica and Jason...oh, yes...I can't wait for Sunday. I didn't even think of that Linda... that he would turn for Jessica. He probably needs a trigger to turn. Ok..that is my theory. Smile

Just a thought, I could be way off base! He may not turn at all because they're definitely not following the books. Either way, I look forward to him saving her and as much as I love Hoyt I could enjoy a little fling between Jess and Jason. Very Happy

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: