AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American Idol 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xina

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
[.
For sure. Steven Tyler is so afraid of saying something negative, even though it would be a positive for the singer because they need to hear these things. It doesn't need to be said nastily, but sometimes it does need to be said. Jennifer Lopez is Paula Abdul in disguise, I'm convinced. It must be hard to be critical, but why else are they there, if not to indicate the good, as well as the bad. And, Randy, needs to leave--big time.

Steven Tyler, so many times, had a stock comment for them. He took his pick from the 3 or 4 things he says after they have finished singing. At times, I thought he might have head phones in listening to something else. Maybe his own music? Because he sure wasn't listening to what I heard. Smile Jennifer is exactly like Paula Abdul. And she is the same kind of musician as Abdul too...more of a dancer, not much of a singer. And Randy....well, he is the same but with different counterparts. All 3 of them are blah. I'm thinking that it is their fault we are stuck with these 3 in the end. They are good, but really? This is the best of that whole group that tried out for American Idol? That's just sad.
Tee

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed some idle diversion last night due to some super stressful mother-in-law days, so I watched American Idol when I said I wouldn't. I thought both Haley and Lauren did quite well, with Haley probably pulling the top spot for me. According to the Dial Idol website that measures busy signals during the call-in, Scotty is safe, but the other two are in jeopardy. At this point, it doesn't really matter to me, but I'll try to catch the last 10 minutes of today's show just to see who the final two are. Wish I had a good book instead to read. Alas, it's not so. Very Happy
xina

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
I needed some idle diversion last night due to some super stressful mother-in-law days, so I watched American Idol when I said I wouldn't. I thought both Haley and Lauren did quite well, with Haley probably pulling the top spot for me. According to the Dial Idol website that measures busy signals during the call-in, Scotty is safe, but the other two are in jeopardy. At this point, it doesn't really matter to me, but I'll try to catch the last 10 minutes of today's show just to see who the final two are. Wish I had a good book instead to read. Alas, it's not so. Very Happy

I watched too Tee. I was in and out of the room though, and was reading at the same time. I missed Hailey falling, or tripping. I think Lauren will go home and leave Hailey and Scotty. I can't believe how half-hearted I am about this. I'm usually on pins and needles at this time. Yes...I've loved American Idol. This year, not so much.
Tee

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, that was a surprise with Haley going home. Two country singers in the final. Yeah, I guess that's a fair representation of the musical tastes of America. Not. Laughing
xina

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
Whoa, that was a surprise with Haley going home. Two country singers in the final. Yeah, I guess that's a fair representation of the musical tastes of America. Not. Laughing

Still watching Idol....yeah, I'm guess I'll see it out to the end. *sigh* But, wow...what a shock. I thought for sure Haley would be with Scotty. In fact, I was expecting Lauren to leave for weeks. Guess I can't predict the voting mind. I can't imagine what they are thinking. Should be interesting.
xina

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...I watched Idol until the very end! Although I am not a country music fan by any means, I still watched. Happy, and not surprised that Scotty won. He was perfect throughout the entire season. I still see him in the beginning of the season when they were trying to find their individual groups and none of the singers wanted him in any group because he was so obviously solidly in the country genre. Now, would be the perfect time for Scotty to say..."How do you like me now??" Smile
Tee

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Yes...I watched Idol until the very end!

Confession time for me, too. I watched it off and on last night. Missed both Casey's and James' singing with their groups. Caught the end of Haley with Tony Bennett. But, mostly, I watched the last 15 minutes. Scotty accepted it graciously and Alaina seemed truly happy for him. How great is that? Not my genre, but you can't have it your way all the time. Two wonderful teenagers who worked hard and deserve the recognition.
Kayne

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: finale Reply with quote

So are Lauren and Scotty dating now? Where was Lee Deweiss (las year's winner)?
I was surprised by all the fun acts in the finale. It was great to see the top 12 idols performing again and who they were paired up with like Haley and Tony Bennet and Casey with Jack Black. Enjoyed the humorous discussion with James and Casey on which of them was the "biggest surprise" when they were voted off. My fav performance of the night was Lauren and Carrie Underwood. I didn't realize so many performers were going to appear like Beyonce, Bono, Tom Jones, Gaga, Tim McGraw, Steve Tyler singing Dream On and Jennifer Lopez shaking it with Mark Anthony.
xina

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee and Kayne...I don't know if they are dating or not. That would be very cute wouldn't it (says she who loves anything romancy Smile )

I think that Scotty's performance in the end was the least serious "winner song" in all my years of watching AI. He kind of laughed through it and spent his time hugging everyone instead of making the song sound wonderful. And all the performances were great. I would have loved to see Joe Perry playing for Steven. He's one heck of a guitarist. Apparently there is some difference of opinion with the two of them. Perry thought it was a cop out for Steven to be a judge. I wonder if all the judges will be back next year. I just thought the entire group was very good about supporting the last two. I love one of the comments..from Casey maybe..."They are children! Speaking of Lauren and Scotty. Smile funny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: