AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DWTS Premiers Tonight!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I'm ok with who has been voted off, Mike and Wendy were not that enjoyable to watch, imho. Not sure who I'd want to see go next, Hines maybe?

Ralph and Kirstie have been a wonderful surprise! Even the wrestler guy has surprised me, I like him more than I thought I would.

How awful for Kirstie and Maks that his leg gave out, I have already heard some cruel jokes in the media. They handled it with class though and I'm glad to see they made it through until next week.
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
So far I'm ok with who has been voted off, Mike and Wendy were not that enjoyable to watch, imho. Not sure who I'd want to see go next, Hines maybe?

Ralph and Kirstie have been a wonderful surprise! Even the wrestler guy has surprised me, I like him more than I thought I would.

How awful for Kirstie and Maks that his leg gave out, I have already heard some cruel jokes in the media. They handled it with class though and I'm glad to see they made it through until next week.

This season has been such a pleasant surprise for me. When I first heard the cast of celebrities, I almost didn't even bother to watch. Instead, it's been one of my more enjoyable seasons.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LinnieGayl wrote:
This season has been such a pleasant surprise for me. When I first heard the cast of celebrities, I almost didn't even bother to watch. Instead, it's been one of my more enjoyable seasons.

I like that everyone seems to be on about even ground, there's no cast member that has really risen above the rest and that makes it more interesting to watch. It truly seems to be about the journey for all of them.

Linda
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, that's exactly my take on the season. For the firs time in a long time, there's no clear winner. Everyone seems to be on an even footing.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's everyone enjoying it? It's been such a fun season!

I was surprised and sad to see Sugar Ray go. Crying or Very sad

Not at all sad to see Lacey and Mike go.

However, last night I developed a whole new respect for Ralph Macchio, he handled himself so well during their little fall incident. He helped her up and got her straight back into the dance and he is the student. It's obvious he really is an awesome nice guy. I think she was a little star-struck by him in rehearsal when he showed her his karate kid wax on wax off! lol

OMG those Bruno clips!

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone still watching? Who are you rooting for to win? I'm hoping for either Hines or Kirstie. Chelsea is the better dancer but I feel like for the other two it's been more of a transformational journey.

Linda
dick

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, I've seen only bits and pieces of the last few shows--whenever my wife calls me in to see something. But, I'm voting for Kirstie because, my god, she's 60 years old!

I'm also not too impressed with Chelsea's dancing. Her legs are always bent when her feet are on the floor. Awkward look, IMO.
xina

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Anyone still watching? Who are you rooting for to win? I'm hoping for either Hines or Kirstie. Chelsea is the better dancer but I feel like for the other two it's been more of a transformational journey.

Linda

I missed it last night! I was out and didn't get back in time. I am really rooting for Kirstie. I like the way she has approached each week and really admire how she just keeps going. And like Dick mentioned..she is 60! Wow...just wow. I also think she has some really nice chemistry with Macks. Go Kirstie!
jebe

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching off and on since the beginning. I notice that I seem to have a pattern with this show, I watch diligently in the beginning when there's a lot of contestants, then my interest picks up again when they narrow it down to about six. It's those in between weeks that seem to lose me.

I'm happy with all three. They all seem so deserving. If Kirstie won, it'd be a nice notch for us older folk b/c it seems like every season they have an older person that makes it far, but not quite far enough, ya know? Cool So, go ahead, Kirstie, bring it home for us oldies!
Meg

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, I watched all the episodes.

Frankly, I just don't see what the judges love about Hine Wards. He just doesn't "wow" me in any of his dances. I don't particularly care for Mark Ballas' choreography nor Max's for his free style.

I thought it was a very weak season. I really miss Derek's choreography and will be sorely disappointed if he's not back next season. I think if Derek was paired with Chelsea, that would be the difference maker. Mark wants to push the envelope and most of the time it doesn't work for me. His best season was with Kristi Yamaguchi.

Meg
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Hines won, yay! It would have been nice if it was Kirstie but he was my second choice.

Meg - I can't stand Derek, he seems spoiled to me with the contestants that are chosen for him, I'm hoping he doesn't come back!

Linda
dick

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he's probably spoiled......but boy can he dance and his choreography is always well suited to the contestant he pairs with.
Meg

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that funny, I wouldn't have thought Derek as "spoiled"." Definitely confident which lends to his creative choreography...still remember the "futuristic" dance with fondness.

The one I don't care for is Karina. She's been bratty twice when she got voted off -- once with Mario Lopez and this season with Ralph.

Meg
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By spoiled I mean most of his dance partners have already had dance experience. He's like the spoiled 'golden boy' of DWTS. Give him someone like Kirstie or Kate and I'd enjoy seeing how he does. I'd like to see him back if he's not handed an easy win.

Nothing wrong with confidence!

Linda

Meg wrote:
Isn't that funny, I wouldn't have thought Derek as "spoiled"." Definitely confident which lends to his creative choreography...still remember the "futuristic" dance with fondness.

The one I don't care for is Karina. She's been bratty twice when she got voted off -- once with Mario Lopez and this season with Ralph.

Meg

Meg

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
By spoiled I mean most of his dance partners have already had dance experience. He's like the spoiled 'golden boy' of DWTS. Give him someone like Kirstie or Kate and I'd enjoy seeing how he does. I'd like to see him back if he's not handed an easy win.

Now I understand!

I'm in no way defending him, but he had his share of duds. It was very painful watching him with Shannon Elizabeth and knew he wouldn't go far with Jennie Garth and Lil Kim. Who knew that Brooke Burke had such rhythm? For me the only gimme was Nicole Scherzinger after I first saw her/Pussycat Dolls in Shall We Dance's special feature. I thought Jennifer Grey could have swung either way given her age and injuries.

I thought the finale was too long so watched the Biggest Loser first...the sisters were amazing.

Meg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: