AAR
Click here for full forums index
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 
DWTS Premiers Tonight!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: DWTS Premiers Tonight! Reply with quote

Anyone watching?

I'm intrigued by the Kristi Ally/Maks pairing! Very Happy

Also Dmitry will be on this season, yummy..

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: DWTS Premiers Tonight! Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Anyone watching?

I'm intrigued by the Kristi Ally/Maks pairing! Very Happy

Also Dmitry will be on this season, yummy..

Linda



I sort of watched...was reading and watching something else at the same time. However....I did catch the Kristi/Maks dance. I was a little concerned with her not being able to catch her breath enough to talk, but I thought she did very well! I also caught the Romeo and whoever he was with and I thought they did well too.
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kristie(J)



Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 1129
Location: Southwestern Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just telling a coworker that I was most impressed with Kirstie Alley and Ralph Machio. As both on this side of older contestants, I was really amazed at how well they did. I didn't think I would like Kirstie - she has rather an in-your-face type personality, but she was good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my thoughts on everyone that danced, I have a girlfriend I chat with this show about so I keep track -

Mark and Chelsea - Shoot, she's good! I don't want her to be good because Mark is spoiled, lol!

Tony and Wendy - Holy Crap, look at those hooters! Good lord, she's a hot mess, lets see how she dances. oh crap, poor Tony, I think we have this season's Bristol but probably without the votes. Sad *dumplings boiling over, BWAH!)

Kim and Hines - hmmm, bwah! I don't know what to make of this, he's cute in a teddy bear kinda way but his posture is odd, he sticks hi butt out. Eh, not impressed. The crowd is going crazy so he may bring in the votes.

Dmitry and Petra - I like her, she's pretty good! She seems very sweet. Was that a lift? Carrie Ann just mentioned it - I knew it! Oh come on, she should have got 7's by comparison to the others!

Chelsea and Romeo - His father was such a jerk during his season, hopefully he'll be an improvement! He's got some of his dad's unpleasant cockiness, I'm having flashbacks. Ehhh not impressed with him but at least he's trying. I thought he'd be more of a natural since he's a performer.

Anna and Sugar Ray - I enjoy athletes, they always shave a good work ethic! Oh gosh he looks awkward, I want him to do better, maybe next week. He's not terrible, just needs some work. Great personality, he just needs to not dance with his mouth open, lol

Louis and Kendra - I don't like her, she's obnoxious. Darn! Maybe she'll grow on me, if she can bring in the votes.

Karina and Ralph - hahahaha! He's adorable! The judges loved it more than I thought they would, 8's! That's a surprise, he should stick around for a while then.

Cheryl and Chris - Yikes, train wreck! I'm sorry, just didn't enjoy him at all and he is so NOT good looking. Heebiejeebies!

Lacy and Mike - I don't think he's happy to have Lacy, and why does she not touch up those dark roots! Eh, he's a hot mess, imho.

Maks and Kristie - Awww, I love it! And the crowd went nuts! This pairing could be a match made in heaven after all.
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:




Chelsea and Romeo - His father was such a jerk during his season, hopefully he'll be an improvement! He's got some of his dad's unpleasant cockiness, I'm having flashbacks. Ehhh not impressed with him but at least he's trying. I thought he'd be more of a natural since he's a performer.


Louis and Kendra - I don't like her, she's obnoxious. Darn! Maybe she'll grow on me, if she can bring in the votes.

Karina and Ralph - hahahaha! He's adorable! The judges loved it more than I thought they would, 8's! That's a surprise, he should stick around for a while then.

!


Maks and Kristie - Awww, I love it! And the crowd went nuts! This pairing could be a match made in heaven after all.




These are the only ones I remember watching. I was tuning in on something else...however....
I love Maks. I think he is the only one who can handle Kristie. I've pretty much liked her for years...since she was on Cheers, and her personality seems like she can be stubborn and dig in. I don't think Maks will take any crap from her. LOL...should be good.
Romeo and Chelsea...I don't remember his dad on DWTS. I thought they were cute together. He seems like he might be tough to teach though. We'll see.
Kendra drives me crazy. I don't know why. She just seems like she has no talent other than being with Hugh Hefner, and I know that's unfair, but there it is.
Ralph and Karina...Ralph seems like such a nice guy. Decent guy. I don't think I have ever read a bad thing about him. He did well too. Yay. Keep going.
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PWNN



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 912

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph and Kirstie were easily the standouts. Sometimes star quality really shows. They not only had the moves they SOLD it.

Hines, Petra and Chelsea were pleasant and fun and on the second tier. Everyone else was meh (I love Sugar Ray but I'm not sure after decades of boxing he can put down those shoulders) or horrible (Wendy, Radio guy, Wrestler).

Athletes usually do have a great work ethic - they have to in order to be successful. That's something I'd actually like to see acknowledged more in Romance books instead of the jock stereotypes.

Ralph is a niiice guy. Very funny spoof of him from last year trying to dirty up his image on Funny Or Die
_________________
"My safe word is monkey"


Last edited by PWNN on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PWNN wrote:


Ralph is a niiice guy. Very funny spoof of him from last year trying to dirty up his image on Funny Or Die




That was HILARIOUS! LOL. Thanks for posting it. So funny..
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[These are the only ones I remember watching. I was tuning in on something else...however....
I love Maks. I think he is the only one who can handle Kristie. I've pretty much liked her for years...since she was on Cheers, and her personality seems like she can be stubborn and dig in. I don't think Maks will take any crap from her. LOL...should be good.
Romeo and Chelsea...I don't remember his dad on DWTS. I thought they were cute together. He seems like he might be tough to teach though. We'll see.
Kendra drives me crazy. I don't know why. She just seems like she has no talent other than being with Hugh Hefner, and I know that's unfair, but there it is.
Ralph and Karina...Ralph seems like such a nice guy. Decent guy. I don't think I have ever read a bad thing about him. He did well too. Yay. Keep going.



Xina, yeah I think that Kristie and Maks are a good pair, he can handle her and she can handle him, ought to be fun! I hope they stick around for ra while.

When Romeo's dad was on there (Master P), he was such a jerk, he refused to wear the shoes and would just stand there thinking he looked cool while his partner danced around him, he had a really crappy cocky attitude.

The Ralph M. video was a riot!

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kristie(J)



Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 1129
Location: Southwestern Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cough* As a Kristie all my life except the first formative 4 years of my life when I was a Debbie (my first name but there were too many Debbie's in the neighbourhood so my parents went with my second name which is what my mother wanted all along anyway), it's not Kristie Alley, it's K.I.R.stie Alley. Perhaps she was once also a Debbie during her formative years only her parents didn't spell her second name right.



Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristie(J) wrote:
*cough* As a Kristie all my life except the first formative 4 years of my life when I was a Debbie (my first name but there were too many Debbie's in the neighbourhood so my parents went with my second name which is what my mother wanted all along anyway), it's not Kristie Alley, it's K.I.R.stie Alley. Perhaps she was once also a Debbie during her formative years only her parents didn't spell her second name right.



Laughing


Thanks for the correction, can't believe I've never caught that! Embarassed

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
esskayel



Joined: 25 Feb 2011
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never watched DWTS, but I think I may have to start this season. The Karate Kid? C'MON! That's gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you think of the Kirstie and Maks fall last night? I thought they handled it very gracefully.
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LinnieGayl



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 824

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
What did you think of the Kirstie and Maks fall last night? I thought they handled it very gracefully.


I thought they handled it really well! I've been so surprised by Kirstie. She's really working hard, and doing a good job. And Maks seems to be great with her.
_________________
LinnieGayl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LinnieGayl wrote:
xina wrote:
What did you think of the Kirstie and Maks fall last night? I thought they handled it very gracefully.


I thought they handled it really well! I've been so surprised by Kirstie. She's really working hard, and doing a good job. And Maks seems to be great with her.



I agree! I've always really liked Maks and Kirstie seems the perfect match for him.
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LinnieGayl



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 824

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So were we all happy with the outcome last night? I was delighted that Kirstie was safe.
_________________
LinnieGayl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group